HSN Wins 'Shop by Remote' Patent
- Home shopping network has a new bag. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/94, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p60
Features Home Shopping Network Inc. Marketing plans; Competition with QVC; Turnovers.
- HSN deal off. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/19/93, Vol. 123 Issue 16, p76
Enumerates the reasons for the dropping off of Liberty Media Corporation's bid to acquire the 76.5% ownership of Home Shopping Network Inc. (HSN). Investigations of HSN executives' financial activities; HSN's efforts to improve financial performance, according to Gerry Hogan; Moves to boost...
- Home shopping network celebrates 4th annual doll... // Doll Reader;Nov96, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p58
Discusses Home Shopping Network's forth annual DollFest event. Number of artists who participated in the event; Features of the program; Identification of services offered by HSN outlet stores.
- HSN to close 3 Fla. outlets. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/7/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 4, p19
Reports that the Home Shopping Network will close three clearance outlets in Orlando, Florida. Reason for the closure of the outlets; Locations of the outlets.
- Taking credit. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/22/1994, Vol. 167 Issue 35, p12
Reports on Home Shopping Network's plans of launching its own line of credit cards. Cards as benefit to customers; Rival QVC's line of credit cards.
- Hear HSN investing $10 million in infomercial production venture. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/13/1994, Vol. 168 Issue 8, p16
Reports that Home Shopping Network is investing $10 million to produce infomercials through a joint venture called HSN Direct. Kevin Harrington as the division's president and chief executive officer; Job experiences of Harrington; Target clientele of HSN Direct's infomercials.
- HSN's new beauty program. Kagan, Cara // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/18/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 33, p6
Reports on Home Shopping Network's strategies to increase its sales by the end of 1995. Revamping of the show's format; Provision of information on beauty and fashion to customers through a mailed guide; Presence of a makeup artist or cosmetologist in the show to explain a product's benefits...
- HSN begins revamping. J.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p10
Reports that Home Shopping Network Inc. officials disclosed a comprehensive restructuring plan that include eliminating 100 jobs and shrinking a tier of 28 mid-level executives to nine. Layoffs made by the company; Details of the company's reorganization; Proposal for a private placement of...
- HSN Direct widens reach in Europe. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/21/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 56, p5
Cites Home Shopping Network affiliate HSN Direct Joint Venture's expansion of its presence in Europe and the Middle East. Programming agreement with Live TV to air informercials in Great Britain and Germany; Planned joint venture with A3TV to supply home shopping programming in Spain; Samaha...