Broadband Bragging Rights
- Big things are in pipeline for cable. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);3/8/2006, p22
The article reports on some of the activities of the cable companies in Great Britain. In Great Britain, Freeview has installed 10 million digital boxes in 6.4 million homes, closing the gap dramatically on Sky's 8 million satellite homes, while cable lags with 2.7m digital homes. Apart from...
- Online:. // CableFAX Daily;9/29/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 189, p3
The article reports on the new online service of NBC U and Intel called VIP Access. It is an online service which allows Intel customers to download the fall seasons of two NBC television programs, "Studio 60" and "Heroes." Customers will be able to download cable programming as well. It is free...
- Cable TV. Ross, Chuck // Advertising Age;3/25/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 13, p23
The article points out that advertisers in the United States will encounter problems as well as opportunities from the entry of the telcos into the cable television market. The competition between telephone companies and traditional cable operators does not affect the reach of the national...
- DON'T WORRY ABOUT TELCO TV -- THIS YEAR. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 35, p25
The article reports on the results of the study "Telcos Elbow Their Way Into TV" conducted by Forrester Research Inc. in the U.S. Based on the study, there is less interest among consumers in switching from the satellite or cable provider they patronize. It forecasts that current video providers...
- Intelsat Unveils Broadcast Video Service For IPTV. // Satellite News;4/17/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the launch of a satellite-based content delivery and management service targeting telecommunication companies looking to enter Internet Protocol Television markets by Intelsat. Benefits of the service to multiple system operators in North America; Advantage of the service to...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...