- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- Basic launch for Philadelphia sports channel. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p81
Focuses on Comcast/Spectator's decision to launch its regional sports channel SportsNet for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area subscribers as a basic cable network. Reason for the move; Reaction by some cable operators to the move; Features of the SportsNet channel; Comment by Andrew Walton,...
- Comcast's 105 wideband tier in front of 40M homes. // CED;May/Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the launch of DOCSIS 3.0-based Extreme 105 tier by Comcast Corp. in April 2011 in the U.S.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p4
The article presents information on the launch four new minority-owned cable channels in forthcoming two years by cable operator and home Internet service provider Comcast.
- Bashing Comcast:. // CableFAX Daily;4/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 78, p2
Reports on the complaints of a group of Muslims against the excessive pricing of Comcast. Role of Bridges TV on the issue concerning the excessive pricing of Comcast; Remarks from Islamic House of Wisdom chairman Mohammad Bazzi regarding the issue.
- Comcast Adds a Family Tier. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;1/2/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on a family-tier television programming of Comcast Corp. in the U.S. as of January 2, 2006. Discovery Channel and Nickelodeon Games & Sports are included among the cable networks in the family tier. One of the characteristics of the selected networks is limited live...
- Let's Make a Deal. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/7/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 45, p22
The article presents the author's views regarding the deal between U.S.-based companies NBC Universal Inc. and Comcast Corp. The author notes that some groups would not be satisfied with the conditions of the deal, while viewers may agree with the deal if the companies will deliver their...
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - South Suburban Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p4
The article informs that Comcast Corp., a cable operator, is to launch four minority-owned television networks on its cable-TV systems.
- COMCAST FAST LANE. Oppelaar, Justin // Daily Variety;02/27/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 61, p6
Details the financial performance of Comcast Corp. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Impact of the fast rollout of digital cable services; Number of subscribers; Increase of cash flow for the shopping network QVC.