Gulf Views Tint 'Blue August'
- DISPATCHES. // Variety;05/28/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 2, p55
Presents updates on the television industry as of June 2001. Details on the broadcasting debut of the British version of the reality television program `Survivor'; Proposed changes on the rules that govern reality programs in France; Cost-cutting plan of Russian commercial channel, NTV.
- Broadcast Reality Check. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;4/23/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 16, p12
The article reports that U.S. broadcast television networks are planning to introduce relatively few unscripted reality television programs for the 2012-2013 season despite the fact that reality shows including "American Idol" and "The Voice" have very high ratings.
- Invitation to the Wedding Business. Schley, Stewart // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p43
The article focuses on the tie up agreements between television networks and wedding organizers in the U.S. The reality series "Real Weddings From the Knot," traces the planning of weddings of soon-to-be-brides. It is produced in association with online bridal resource theknot.com. On the other...
- Behind the reality. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/16/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p1
Reports on VH1 cable television network's plans to launch reality television shows in early 2001. Ratings of shows in the genre; Titles of pilot programs being shot by the network; VH1's ratings for the third quarter of 2000.
- CABLE GREENLIGHT ON. Marechal, AJ // Daily Variety;9/11/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 50, p4
The article reports that several cable television networks ordered a slew of unscripted skeins, picking up new series and renewing others.
- CBS re-ups reality linchpins. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;1/26/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the request of CBS Television Network on additional editions of reality programs "Survivor" and "Amazing Race" in the U.S.
- Slamming for Time Slots. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;2/6/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the programming of U.S. television networks The WB and UPN as they enter their final February 2006 season. The WB is focusing mainly on seminal events for established characters within regularly scheduled series, while UPN is sprinkling in notable recording artists,...
- Syfy Greenlights 28 New Projects. // Multichannel News;4/30/2012, Issue 18, p6
The article reports on the introduction of 28 new reality and scripted projects by Syfy.
- High-Riding Lifetime Plans New Diginet. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p24
Reports on Lifetime Television's plans regarding the summer 2001 launch of Lifetime Real Women, a reality-oriented cable television network. Combination of new and returning original series, such as 'Intimate Portraits' and 'Unsolved Mysteries'; Channel's search for analog and digital distribution.