Fox Pulls Plug on Dish
- Fox Builds a Pay Wall. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;8/1/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p7
The article reports that Fox Network Group Inc. will make their broadcast television (TV) episodes available for eight days after its broadcast exclusively to customers of participating cable and satellite TV operators, in which Dish Network Corp. was the first to avail the program.
- Defiant Dish Could Be Losing Leverage. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/11/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 38, p20
The article reports on the possibility of Dish Network Corp. to lost its leverage in negotiations following its dispute with Fox Networks Group Inc. in the U.S. INSET: 50 PERCENT SOLUTION.
- FSl-Dish Flap Brings Conversion Fees to Fore. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;9/1/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p24
The article focuses on the rise in the issues of hidden costs of network format conversions with a dispute between satellite television service provider Dish Network and television channel Fox Sports 1 on broadcasting college-football as of August 2014. It mentions that distributors could be...
- CEA Honors Dish's Ad-Skipping Technology. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;11/19/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 46, p8
The article announces that the Consumer Electronics Association has given its International Consumer Electronics Show Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Award to Dish Network Corp.'s Auto-Hop ad-skipping feature.
- What You Need To Know Now... // CT Daily;2/1/2013, p1
The article offers industrial news briefs from across the globe as of February 1, 2013. Cloud computing has started making its way into the traditional television business and is leading to lower costs, higher functionality and happier customers. International CES named DISH Network Corp.'s...
- Blockbuster Checks Out. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK; PRANGE, STEPHANIE // Home Media Magazine;11/11/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p1
The article reports on the decided closure of all U.S. Blockbuster home video stores, including digital video disc (DVD) mail distributions by early January 2014. According to Dish Network, digital distribution of video entertainment is the consumer trend, but that the brand will be leveraged in...
- Dish Rises Despite Loss of 94K Subs. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/18/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p3
The article focuses on the financial performance of Dish Network Corp. in the U.S. It states that despite the 94,000 customers that the company lost, the results were even better than the 128,000 losses most analysts were expecting. It says that satellite television provider's stock accounted as...
- ASCI: Cable-to-Telecom Migration Provides Customer Service Boost to Satellite. Hill, Jeffrey // Satellite News;5/19/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p4
The article discusses the increase in the customer satisfaction rate of Dish Network Corp. according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ASCI). It states that the downward scores of cable that allowed Dish Network to score 4 points higher than Cox were caused by customers who migrate...
- EchoStar Q1 Results A Mixed Bag. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/22/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the financial performance of EchoStar during the first quarter of 2006. A 13% increase in gross revenue, as well as an addition of a total of 225,000 net new subscribers are reported by the company. A total of 794,000 gross subscriber additions has been reported by the...