Showtime's Comeback Bid
- SPENDING ITS DOLLARS INHOUSE. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/11/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on the output deals of Showtime Networks with motion picture studios. Details on its output deal with Walt Disney company; Success of the company in airing theatrical movies; Information on the output deal of the network with independent film distributors.
- SHOWTIME LAUNCHES GAY PROGRAM BLOCK. // Cable World (10427228);4/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p14
Reports that Showtime Networks Inc. is launching a gay-themed programming block that will appear twice a week as part of its Sho Too multiplex channel. Features of the hosted four-hour block, called 'Night Out on Shoo Too.'
- GRAND EXPERIMENT. Mannix, Chris // Sports Illustrated;12/26/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 25, p46
The article considers the victory of boxer Andre Ward in the championship match of the so-called Super Six tournament, a tournament staged by the subscription television network Showtime to unify the world super middleweight championships of the World Boxing Association (WBA) and World Boxing...
- Showtime preps one-two punch with Jay-Z concert. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/8/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on the television programming strategy of Showtime Networks Inc. in the U.S. Deal for the concert performance of singer Jay-Z; Preparation for the boxing match featuring Mike Tyson; Production of original reality series.
- 'About' Previews on Showtime. // Multichannel News;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p54
Reports on the previews developed by Showtime Networks Inc. to familiarize subscribers in the U.S. with characters and plots of television series as of July 2005. Reason behind the decision of executives in Showtime to develop the previews; Significance of the previews; Rank of Showtime in the...
- PROGRAMMING BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;6/17/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p46
Reports developments on telecommunication industry in the U.S. as of June 2002. Changes in the primetime programming of MSNBC; Inauguration short television programs with time-related theme by Showtime Networks Inc.; Acquisition of USA Network of first-window rights of 'The Scorpion King' of...
- IT'S GO TIME FOR SHOWTIME. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/16/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 28, p16
The article offers information on subscription television network, Showtime. Its original programming has gained the interest of television critics and online bloggers. Matt Blank, chief executive officer at Showtime Networks is optimistic that the company can excel irregardless of what the...
- SHOWTIME SLATE SHIFT. LEVINE, STUART // Daily Variety;7/30/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 19, p6
The article reports that there will be slate shift for television programs at Showtime Networks Inc. in the U.S.
- FEMME FLAIR AT SHOWTIME. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;7/21/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on program announcements made by Showtime including show extensions and improvements. "The L Word," which ended its 5th season in March 2008, is ordered by the network to have a spinoff which will finish in 2009 with 8 more episodes. The article also offers an overview of...