Moto Sheds Wireless Gear
- A Southern Strategy. // njbiz;2/19/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p2
The article announces that Verizon Wireless has purchased the operating assets of Basking Ridge, New Jersey-based wireless voice and data company West Virginia Wireless. The purchase includes West Virginia Wireless' spectrum licenses and related operations. The number of people covered by the...
- InPhonic snares $5M equity investment from Brightstar. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;9/10/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p16
The article reports on the plan of mobile telephone distributor Brightstar Corp. to make equity investment in Washington-based online retailer of wireless products and services, InPhonic Inc. Brightstar will purchase about 2.5% of InPhonic's outstanding shares and acquire the retailer's...
- WJ Communications To Acquire Some Assets From EiC Corp. // Microwaves & RF;Aug2004, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p26
Reports on a definitive agreement of WJ Communications, Inc. to acquire the wireless-infrastructure business and associate assets of EiC Corp. Terms of the agreement; Advantage of the acquisition to WJ Communications.
- TowerCom acquires radio mast business. // Engineers Journal;Nov2007, Vol. 61 Issue 9, p538
The article reports on the announcement of TowerCom Holdings Ltd. that it has acquired Mastco Finance No 1, a wholly owned subsidiary of eircom. Towercom is an investment vehicle formed by Threefold, a provider of managed services in wireless network infrastructure in Ireland. The company will...
- WorldCom MMDS assets go to BellSouth. Beckman, Kristen // RCR Wireless News;5/19/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p17
Reports on the agreement of Bellsouth Corp. to buy the multichannel multipoint distribution system licenses of WorldCom Inc. Assets of WorldCom that was put up for sale in October 2002; Assets included in the agreement; Fixed-wireless companies that have declared bankruptcy.
- Verizon spectrum build-up will aid EV-DO development. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p3
Reports on the acquisition of the wireless assets of Qwest Communications International Inc. by Verizon Wireless in 2004. Amount paid by Verizon for its spectrum and network infrastructure as of July 2004; Value of the deal; History of Verizon's spectrum acquisitions.
- MARVELL SIGNS PACT TO ACQUIRE UTSTARCOM SOC DIVISION. // Worldwide Videotex Update;Feb2006, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p44
The article focuses on an agreement signed by UTStarcom Inc. which will allow Marvell to acquire assets in the semiconductor design business division of UTStarcom. The division focused on developing wireless communications solutions including third generation wireless application technologies....
- Verizon Reaches Agreement To Acquire Vodafone's 45 Percent Interest In Verizon Wireless For $130 Billio. // 2.5G-4G;Aug2013, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p1
The article reports on an announcement by Verizon Communications Inc. regarding its definitive agreement with Vodafone Group PLC to acquire its U.S. group with the principal asset of 45 percent of Verizon Wireless. It is noted that Verizon will have 100 percent ownership of the industry-leading...
- BellSouth Sells Latin American Wireless Units to Telefonica. // Global Finance;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p63
Reports on the sale of 10 Latin American wireless cellular operations of BellSouth Corp. to Telefonica Moviles. Terms of the sale; Implication of the sale for the company; Impact of the buyout on Telefonica.