Rentrak Execs Choose Stock Over Salaries
- Compensation story is in the incentives. Sakelaris, Linda // Pensions & Investments;5/3/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p28
Reports that equity ownership and stock options continue to be a large part of the total compensation package received by executives at asset management firms. Results of the survey conducted by `Pensions & Investments' periodical; Trend of de-emphasizing salary in favor of incentives.
- Unintended consequences. Rattle, Tom // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/02/99, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p13
Comments on the increasing use of stock options as part of the compensation package for corporations' top executives in the United States. Rise in value of stock options; Lack of accounting for the stock options; Transfer of a significant portion of the wealth of virtually all corporations to...
- PAY UP. Cakebread, Caroline // Canadian Investment Review;Fall2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on executive compensation by professors Lamia Chourou and Ezzeddine Abaoub, scrutinizing stock options in Canada and another by Stephen Sapp, who weighs in on the executive pay bulge debate.
- OPT OUT. Monahan, Julie // Entrepreneur;Mar2003, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the flow of stock options into executive compensation plans in the U.S. Approaches to compensation strategies; Reassessment of financial incentives; Maintenance of fiscal health.
- Running out of options. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;09/07/98, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p1
Comments on the reduction in pricing on company stock options in Chicago, Illinois. Reduction of income received by company executives; Names of eleven Chicago executives who received 75% or more of their compensation in the form of stock options; How stock options are calculated.
- More executives are saying hold the stock options, give me cash. Strong, Michael // Crain's Detroit Business;05/28/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the demand of executives for higher salary and fewer stock options in the United States. Impact of market instability on the stocks; Importance of stock options to the executives; Details on the cash compensations of executives.
- PUZZLING STOCK OPTIONS AND COMPENSATION NORMS. Levmore, Saul // University of Pennsylvania Law Review;Jun2001, Vol. 149 Issue 6, p1901
Reports on the offer of stock options as part of the compensation packages of executives. Practices and criticisms of expanded compensatory options; Explanation of the conventional practice with a combination of considerations; Argument on the popularity of conventional stock options.
- Nonqualified Stock Options. Barnett, Robert S.; Lipoff, Lawrence M. // CPA Journal;Aug99, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p70
Discusses nonqualified stock options, an important form of executive compensation and allow financial participation in corporate growth. Its categories; Taxation of nonqualified options; Valuation rules on a gift options.
- How CEO pay got away. Kadlec, Daniel; Baumohl, Bernard // Time International (South Pacific Edition);04/28/97, Issue 17, p67
Investigates how salaries and remuneration for the chief executive officers (CEO) in United States corporations have ballooned into multi-million dollar deals through stock options. Average annual compensation for CEOs 1996 compared to the salary of the average factory worker; The large number...