SOON YOU'LL SEE IN ULTRAVIOLET
- Confused about cable? // Consumer Reports;Nov2008, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p5
The article reports that many cable television companies have begun using a digital format for their programming, forcing viewers to buy set-top boxes to descramble the digital signal. Cable companies are trying to convert all of their channels to digital service in an effort to make more money...
- Network DVR: Nice try. B. R. S. // CED;Dec2007, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p34
The article reports that Cablevision Systems Corp. in the U.S. has introduced an approach called "remote storage digital video recorder (DVR)," a service that gives cable subscribers the ability to record and time-shift shows using existing digital set-top boxes. It is asserted that from the...
- Dynamic Content Sparks Growth of New Tools and Technology. Srivastava, Vijay // Siliconindia;Jan2011, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p13
The article presents Coaxial Network Inc. president Vijay Srivastava's insights on the adoption of digital technology into the business of Multi System Operators (MSO) and cable operators. He says that MSO and cable operators increase their download speeds, social networks, and video services to...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- The Second Machine Age. Ciciora, Walt S. // CED;Jul/Aug2014, p21
The article provides the author's view in relation to the cable television and telecommunications industry. He mentions the importance of the interconnection of computing devices as well as the addition of sensors and actuators, including video cameras and video displays, in bringing exponential...
- Smaller Players Find VOD In High Demand. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;7/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p24
The article focuses on the high demand for video-on-demand (VOD) services and the challenge for smaller independent U.S. players to meet the said demand. It is said that VOD is an essential tool for small and midsize cablers, particularly in fighting satellite and telecommunications company...
- Cox Gets TiVo'd In New England. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p24
The article reports that Cox Communications Inc. has been preparing to offer digital video recorder (DVR) service in New England. According to TiVo president and chief executive officer (CEO) Tom Rogers, Cox is in technical trials in the region. In this connection, Northeastern U.S. has become...
- ANGA: European Pulse. Hendrickson, Ron // Communications Technology;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p39
The article reviews the exhibition "ANGA Cable Show" in Cologne, Germany on May 27-29, 2008.
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.