Dangling Digital Carrots
- DTV BUSINESS MODELS. // Broadcast Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p118
Talks about the business models for digital television (DTV) systems. Business opportunities provided by DTV; Opportunities provided by DTV in the area of sports broadcasting.
- Extra time. Webdale, Jonathan // New Media Age;2004 Supp Digital Sport, p8
This article focuses on the opportunities associated with using digital television and interactive services to cover major sporting events such the Euro 2004 held in June 2004. The arrival of this technology has served to both satisfy the wants of sports audiences for every match statistic and...
- Rogers showing Pacquiao-Bradley fight. // Asian Pacific Post;6/7/2012, p4
This article reports that Canadian digital television provider Rogers Digital TV will air live coverage of the pay-per-view boxing match between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley from Las Vegas, Nevada on June 9, 2012.
- Spain's digital rumble. Hopewell, John; Wiliams, Michael // Variety;12/01/97, Vol. 369 Issue 4, p46
Discloses the industry feedback to the pact between digital operators CanalSatellite Digital (CSD) and Via Digital to share pay-per-view (PPV) rights to Spanish soccer games. First step in a merger of the country's two digital platforms; Optimism for the development of a common interface for...
- WRAL offers NCAA multicast. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;03/20/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 12, p51
Reports that Raleigh, North Carolina-based digital television station WRAL-DT has created four channels that will multicast games of the National Collegiate Athletic Association's 2000 tournament. Installation of additional scramblers to bring in the additional feeds.
- Looking good for 2002 and beyond. Radlo, Nick // TVB Europe;Aug98, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p48
Focuses on the television coverage plans for the year 2002 World Cup in Korea and Japan. Emphasis on the live concept of coverage in digital television channels; Joint venture of ISL Television and Kirch Group in the World Cup coverage; Use of the Orad virtual systems as coverage tools.
- Sports producers: We've got game. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;01/29/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 5, p36
Reports developments in television broadcasting of sports in the United States. Innovation to keep audiences engaged in television; Importance of digital technology to television sports coverage; Provisions of digital enhancements.
- MaxPreps, Comcast Team Up. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;11/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p10
The article reports on the partnership of the high school sports website www.MaxPreps.com with cable operator Comcast Corp. to supply video-on-demand (VOD) content in Houston, Texas. It notes that MaxPreps.com is producing segments that can be accessed for free by Comcast Digital Cable...
- New NFL Channel Needs MSOs To Pick Up the Ball. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;10/27/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 43, p9
Reports on the plan for the launching of the digital channel of NFL Network in the U.S. on November 4, 2003. Reason of the television network for negotiating its DirecTV deal; Advantage of carrying NFL to operators.