Icahn Renews Lions Gate Bid
- Icahn at Lions Gate. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p15
The article reports on the plan of Carl Icahn to acquire all of Lions Gate Entertainment.
- Lionsgate filing might be a response to Icahn. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter;2/18/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 22, p12
The article reports on the move of Lionsgate to spend as much as 750 million dollars in acquisitions despite the statement made by stockholder Carl Icahn which asserts that he is willing to pay a premium to acquire more stocks if the firm promises not to spend over 100 million on mergers.
- Icahn raises offer for Lionsgate to $7.50 a share. Vlessing, Etah // Hollywood Reporter;9/1/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the move of Carl Icahn to lift the takeover bid for Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. to 7.50 dollars a share in order to protect the large position it now holds and to gain control of the company in the U.S.
- CARL ICAHN TO SELL ENTIRE LIONSGATE STAKE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;9/5/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p4
The article focuses on the deal of Lionsgate company with investor Carl Icahn to sell the 34% stake of Icahn in the company and dismiss outstanding legal claims of Icahn to Lionsgate.
- Icahn snubbed yet again. Vlessing, Etan // Hollywood Reporter;4/22/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 17, p6
The article informs that Lionsgate Inc. has recommended investors to reject activist shareholder Carl Icahn's latest 7 dollar-a-share bid, as Icahn and his company is reported to be inexperienced and inconsistent for the indie studio.
- IN RETREAT? Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;12/14/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on the decision of American billionaire financier Carl C. Icahn to abandon his efforts of taking control of Lionsgate Entertainment in the U.S. in 2010.
- Icahn a drag on Lionsgate. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;2/10/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on the 6 million dollars net loss of Lionsgate in the quarter ended December 31, 2010, partly due to the almost 8 million dollars in defense costs it incurred defending American billionaire Carl Icahn.
- LIONSGATE SCORES B-. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;3/9/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 46, p4
The article reports on the lowered rating by Standard & Poor's on Lionsgate after the unsolicited offer of Carl Icahn to increase his stake from 19 percent to 29.9 percent in New York City.
- Lionsgate says no. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;6/7/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 45, p8
The article reports on the dispute between Lionsgate Entertainment Corp. and Carl Icahn wherein the bid of Icahn was denied by Lionsgate due to inadequate share prices.
- Icahn ups the stakes. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;7/2/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 64, p1
The article reports on the 40% increase in the stake of American investor Carl Icahn in Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. in 2010 in the U.S.