Disney Sets 'Education' Site
- Dis working hard to fix Family net. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/17/2004, Vol. 385 Issue 12, p1
Known as the problem child amid prodigies in the Walt Disney Co.'s cable brood, ABC Family might finally be growing up. Sources say Disney is close to finalizing a new broad carriage deal with Time Warner Cable Inc. for all of Disney's programming properties, which is expected to include a...
- POWER PLAY: CABLE TV NOW A BIG MAJORITY OF HOLLYWOOD PROFITS. SZALAI, GEORG // Hollywood Reporter;1/10/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 1, p14
The article provides information on the financial performance Hollywood films in cable television (TV) in 2013, with Walt Disney recording the largest operating profit of $5.1 billion, followed by Time Warner with $3.9 billion, and Viacom with $3.1 billion.
- DISNEY EXPANDING 'WATCH ABC' APP ACCESS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/8/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p6
The article reports on the coverage expansion for the "Watch ABC" television (TV) application of Walt Disney Co. to include Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles in California that can be accessed by users through subscription to Time Warner Cable, Cox or AT&T.
- Showbiz Stocks. // Hollywood Reporter;1/27/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 3, p3
The article offers information on the fluctuations in the stock of two companies which include an increase of 2.2 percent in Time Warner Cable Inc. and a decrease of 3.8 percent in Walt Disney Co.
- SLICE & DICE. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;9/3/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 44, p1
The article offers information on the mega-carriage deal of Time Warner Cable Inc. and Walt Disney Co. with regards to the increase of subscriber's fee that rate from 40 cents to 50 cents as demanded to the popular cablers and ABC O&Os.
- Dis-TWC get carriage deal done. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;9/3/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that Walt Disney Co. and Time Warner Cable Inc., the U.S. second-largest cable operator, have signed a new long-term agreement.
- Widget Mania:. // CableFAX Daily;4/18/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 75, p1
Reports on the re-launch of the Road Runner Web portal from Time Warner Cable, which uses a technology known as widgets that allow subscribers to customize their content. Advantages of the new portal.
- Talkback. // Multichannel News;1/4/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p22
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "FCC to Propose Ending Terrestrial Exemption: Source" in the December 16, 2009 issue, "FCC Sets Its Sights on Fiber Exemption" in the December 19, 2009 issue and "Time Warner Cable: More Than 400,000...
- End zone close for cable deal. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;8/31/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 9, p1
The article reports on the competition among television networks and distributors in the U.S. including the Fios television service of Verizon Communications Inc., Walt Disney Co. and Time Warner Cable Inc. It mentions that the companies have agreed on the framework of a new deal since their...