Title II: The Great Divide
- Netflix Looks for Help on the Hill. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;4/11/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on a letter sent by Netflix Inc. to the U.S. Congress members to oppose a Republican-supported effort to nullify the U.S. Federal Communication Commission's (FCC) network-neutrality rule vote on December 21, 2010.
- GOP takes aim at net neutrality. // Hill;3/7/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p15
The article reports on the invitation of the House Energy and Commerce Communications Subcommittee with broadband executives to testify on net neutrality in the U.S. in 2011.
- The congressional view of network neutrality. Bradner, Scott // Network World;3/21/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p18
In this article the author is baffled by the Congress' inability to understand the importance of network neutrality in the U.S. He is concerned on statement of Senator John McCain that network neutrality stifles innovation which slow economic turnaround and depressing an anemic job market....
- NET NEUTRALITY NIX? Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;4/11/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 6, p3
The article reports on the repeal of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) network (net) neutrality rules through the effort of the House.
- Lawmakers in House spar over FCC powers on net-neutrality rule. Kasperowicz, Pete // Hill;4/6/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 46, p14
The article focuses on the debate among U.S. lawmakers over the power of the Federal Communications Commission on net-neutrality rule.
- Don't Split This Baby. EHRLICH, EV // Multichannel News;10/20/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p33
The author discusses the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's right to implement proposals to resolve net neutrality, the principle that Internet service providers (ISPs) treat all data that travels over their networks equally. Topics discussed include deregulation of the Internet in 1996 by...
- Tech Talk: Title II Gets Pushback on the Hill. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;5/5/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p3
The article offers information on a meeting featuring several topics including Title II regime regarding net neutrality and how the U.S. Congress can step in to curb the U.S. Federal Communications Commission that was held in Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C. as of May 2015.
- The Federal Trade Commission and Privacy: Defining Enforcement and Encouraging the Adoption of Best Practices. Serwin, Andrew // San Diego Law Review;Summer2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p809
The article focuses on the U.S. Federal Trade Commission's (FCC) definition of Internet regulation and the enforceability of online regulatory practices. Information is provided on the Federal Trade Commission Act (FTCA) whereby Congress expanded the FCC's power to address consumer harms through...
- Hello net neutrality, goodbye Internet. Johnson, Johna Till // Network World;10/5/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p17
The article presents the author's insights concerning the development of network neutrality (Net Neutrality) in exchange of the Internet in the U.S. The author states that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the U.S. Congress have provided a regulation on the free usage of the net...