CIMM Harnessing Set-Top-Box Data
- Secure Key Exchange Scheme for IPTV Broadcasting. Pippal, Ravi Singh; Tapaswi, Shashikala; C. D., Jaidhar // Informatica (03505596);Mar2012, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p47
In Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) broadcasting, service providers charge subscription fee by scrambling the program in Conditional Access System (CAS). This avoids unauthorized users to receive the programs. A smart card (CA card) is used to decrypt the Control Words (CWs) and transfer them...
- Road Blocks. // Broadcast & CableSat;9/30/2015, p1
The article focuses on challenges faced by Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) broadcasters in India including reductions in terms of funding, cost of migration and simulcast with regard to new standards, and need to purchase of a new set top box and antenna to switch to DTT.
- You On Demand launches movie service on Xiaomi OTT STBs. // China Telecom;Apr2014, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the commercial debut of the You Cinema movie subscription service by multiplatform entertainment company You On Demand Holdings on the Xiaomi over-the-top (OTT) set-top box (STB) as part of its distribution deal with Future TV, the subsidiary of China Network Television...
- HULU EYES PAY-TV DEALS. Baysinger, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 18, p15
The article reports that subscription service Hulu is talking with pay-TV providers to offer Hulu Plus to subscribers and integrate the service into their set-top boxes.
- AT&T to Put 'Genie' Into U-Verse's Bottle. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;8/17/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on the decision of the pay television provider AT&T to shift its U-verse television service to DirecTV's set-top box architecture which is expected to leverage a unified, cloud-based platform and mentions its implication for Arris, which supplies boxes for U-verse.
- Marching Ahead. // Broadcast & CableSat;9/30/2015, p1
The article focuses on the strategy of Direct To Home (DTH) broadcasting operators in India to enhance their reach including innovative services or set top boxes (STBs), unlimited recording and 4K resolution, and mentions growth in DTH subscribers.
- EchoStar SlingLoaded HDS-600RS. // Stuff;May2011, Issue 146, p20
The article evaluates EchoStar's SlingLoaded HDS-600RS digital television (TV) recorder.
- Mad Ave. not laughing as webs hype comedy. Robins, J. Max; Lowry, Brian // Variety;5/29/95, Vol. 359 Issue 5, p1
Reports on advertisers' reaction to the all-comedy lineup prepared by the big three major television networks and Fox Broadcasting. Targeting of the young and chic audience; Costs of promoting the new shows according to a media buyer; Questions about the networks' targeting of the same...
- HD iQ set-top box from Foxtel. Robertson, Sally // B&T Weekly;3/23/2007, Vol. 57 Issue 2604, p4
The article provides information on the HD iQ Set Top Unit, a television set top box from Foxtel.