- freeze frame. // Multichannel News;12/16/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 47, p30
Photographs of several events related to the broadcasting industry are presented which include the Lustgarten Foundation's 13th annual Holiday Rock 'N' Roll event, the ShowTime's Holiday event and the staff of Alliance for Women in Media and Walter Kaitz Foundation.
- ROVING Eye. // Television Week;4/5/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p28
Presents several photographs of celebrities and events in the television broadcasting in the U.S. as of April 5, 2004.
- ROVING Eye. // Television Week;9/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p78
This section presents photographs of celebrities and executives who attended several events in the television broadcasting industry in the U.S. as of September 19, 2005.
- PPV/VOD. Bloomfield, Larry // Broadcast Engineering;Jan2002, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p22
Discusses the method of broadcasters in generating revenue using pay per view, near video on demand (VOD) and interactive television methods in the United States (U.S.). Views by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission on multicasting conducted by television stations; Details of pay per...
- HOW "PAY TELEVISION" WOULD OPERATE. // Congressional Digest;Dec67, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p293
Focuses on the characteristics of pay television in the U.S. Use of an electronic encoder by a transmitting station which codes subscription programs prior to transmission; Reduction of residual intelligibility in the broadcast coding process; Utilization of coin-fed decoder units in the...
- Cable TV: Hot. Ward, Adrienne // Advertising Age;10/14/1991, Vol. 62 Issue 44, pS-18
Presents an update on cable television broadcasting in the U.S. as of October 1991. Cable networks that have entered into the cross-media market; Examples of programming and production partnerships between cable and broadcast networks; Function of video compression.
- Pay for Broadcast: Airheads Invest in Terrestrial Pay TV Service. // CableFAX Daily;9/27/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 187, p1
The article reports on a terrestrial pay television service launched by a group of broadcasting companies in the U.S. in 2005. It cites an amount invested by the companies for the service. Details of the operations of the service are presented.
- Local HDTV Broadcasters. // Sound & Vision;Nov2004, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p88
Presents the location of several local high definition television broadcasters in the U.S. WVTA 24 of PBS; WCYB 28 of NBC; KALB 35 of NBC.
- Distaff Nets Tread on Different Series Paths. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p20
Reports on the efforts of two female-targeted cable networks Lifetime Television and Oxygen to broadcast different thematic courses to draw additional viewers in the United States. Proposed percentage increase in Oxygen's programming budget; Six comedy-based programs to be launched on Oxygen;...