SUMMER MOVIE HITS
- Movie buffs find screen gems on cable TV. Mason, M.S. // Christian Science Monitor;6/9/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 139, p16
Reports on classic motion pictures being aired on cable television, in light of festivals of networks on which the motion pictures are broadcasting.
- Future stock: Movie libraries dictate next cable net battle. Dempsey, John // Variety;5/29/95, Vol. 359 Issue 5, p21
Reports that theatrical movies are becoming the battleground for the cable-network wars of the late 1990s. Cable television operators' search for movie channels; Expansion of channel capacity.
- in the news. // Variety;4/26/2010, Vol. 418 Issue 11, p2
Presented are brief news stories concerning the entertainment industry including information on motion pictures and cable television.
- A Powerful Franchise. // Broadcasting & Cable;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p12
Reports on the broadcasting schedule of the U.S. cable television network Home Box Office (HBO) for the sports programs for the year 2003. Coverage of memorable boxing matches featured on HBO; Details of upcoming sports documentaries.
- Encore updates its mix of pics. Dempsey, John // Variety;06/29/98, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p18
Announces the upgrading of motion picture lineup in Encore cable television network in 1998. Details on the lineup.
- Crime and punishment. Cathode, Ray // Sight & Sound;Jun98, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p34
Focuses on the report entitled `National Television Violence Study,' initiated by the cable industry in the United States in 1994, which assessed violence in television programs between 0600 and 2300 hours. Results of the study; Funding for the study; Information on actors whose roles involved...
- Boffo hit: Movies and cable find true love. Schwab, Dave // San Diego Business Journal;9/26/94, Vol. 15 Issue 39, p17
Reports on the collaboration between motion picture theaters and cable television companies in San Diego, California. Previous prediction that the entry of cable companies would adversely affect movie theaters; Motion picture theater complexes planned for San Diego County malls; Industries'...
- MOVIEGOER CABLE VIEWING HABITS. // Electronic Media;1/27/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p14
Presents details of cable viewing habits of moviegoers in the U.S. Projected number of cable viewers from different age groups for the television channel Home Box Office; Nationwide total projected rank of the Sci-Fi Channel.
- Explosion in cable TV gives film business big boost. Young, Deborah // Variety;2/19/96, Vol. 362 Issue 3, p45
Reports on the effect of the growth of cable television on the motion picture industry in India. Benefits of television exposure; Increasing number of film producers who have switched from movies to television.