The Human Equation
- Cable. broadcast make HDTV recommendations. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;5/17/93, Vol. 123 Issue 20, p57
Reports on cable and broadcast companies' recommendations for a possible combined system in high definition television (HDTV). CableLabs request to HDTV companies to use the multi-level vestigial sideband transmission and interlaced scanning; National Cable Television Association's endorsement...
- OpenCable adds HD to the mix. // CED;Oct2002, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p20
Reports that CableLabs Inc. has issued a new OpenCable specification designed to funnel high-definition television programming through advanced digital set-tops and other OpenCable-based devices.
- CableLabs Adds HD to OpenCable. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;9/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p12
Reports the addition of Cable Television Laboratories Inc. on high definition elements to OpenCable Application Platform software specifications in the U.S. Inclusion of the baseband Digital Video Interface on the specification; Provision of the interface guidelines for Digital Transmission...
- Cutting edge. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;5/16/94, Vol. 124 Issue 20, p59
Reports on research and development consortium CableLabs' testing of the Grand Alliance high definition television (HDTV) transmission subsystem over cable systems in Charlotte, North Carolina. Vestigial sideband (VSB) technology.
- Go2Broadband adds digital, HD support. // CED;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p10
Reports that CableLabs Inc. has added digital video and high-definition television capabilities to its Go2Broadband service locator. Availability; Key features; Pros and cons.
- Go2Broadband Gears Up. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/18/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p26
Provides information on Go2Broadband, an interactive information network for the cable industry. Importance of Go2Broadband in helping consumer electronics retailers to simplify the process of selling high definition TV; Features of the service created by CableLabs and Cable &...
- National Show '03: Tech Leads the Way--Again. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;6/2/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p82
The article focuses on the 2003 National Show, an annual convention of the cable industry, organized by the U.S.-based National Cable Telecommunications Association (NCTA). The centerpiece of the convention floor will be an HD Pavilion, organized by Cable Television Laboratories Inc. The...
- On CTAM's Agenda: Growth! Beales, Char // CableFAX Daily;7/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 136, p7
Discusses the growth initiatives of the Cable and Telecommunications Association for Marketing. Collaboration with the Consumer Electronics Association to market high definition television; Support given to the press tour of the Television Critics Association; Alliance with CableLabs to help...
- ET03. Hamilton, Laura; Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p40
Highlights the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers Conference on Emerging Technologies in January 2003. Tutorials on operational support systems and the works of CableLab; Sessions on Internet Protocol technologies; Discussions on high-definition television.