Going With the (Cash) Flow
- John Malone: Flying solo. Auletta, Ken // New Yorker;2/7/94, Vol. 69 Issue 49, p52
Profiles Tele-Communications chief executive office John Malone. Merger between TCI and Bell Atlantics as most important deal; Childhood memories; Educational background; Preference for privacy to convenience.
- Malone: sculpting TCI's future. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/20/98, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p1
Looks at the restructuring of TCI company, while focusing on John Malone, the chairman and chief executive officer. Comments made by Malone; Details on the efforts of Malone; Value of the company; Reference to the transition from analog to digital in the cable industry.
- Malone named TCI chairman. P.C. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/02/96, Vol. 126 Issue 50, p88
Reports on the appointment of Tele-Communications Inc. (TCI) President John Malone as the company's chairman in place of Bob Magness who died on November 15, 1996. Career background; Management focus on the improvements in finance and operation.
- Malone: Deal not anti-competitive. Karpinski, Richard // Telephony;12/20/93, Vol. 225 Issue 25, p3
Reports on Tele-Communications Inc. president John Malone's appearance before a Senate subcommittee exploring media mergers. Malone's assertion that Bell Atlantic/TCI deal would aid competition; Visions on the alliance of the cable industry with telephony; Percentage of consumers serviced by a...
- TCI: The cagey casualty. Titch, Steven // Telephony;12/16/96, Vol. 231 Issue 25, p5
Opinion. Comments on Tele-Communications Inc.'s plan to cut back investments in its cable networks, including the plans to offer voice over telephony. Absence of chairman John Malone; Shipment of cable modems.
- New blood. Levine, Shira // Telephony;02/17/97, Vol. 232 Issue 7, p21
Reports on John Malone's efforts of improving Tele-Communications Inc.'s (TCI) dismal stock performance through giving his chair as president to Leo Hindery of InterMedia Partners. Hindery's job description in TCI; Hindery's success in boosting InterMedia Partners' subscribership; Stabilization...
- Malone taps Leo Hindery to boost TCI. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;02/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p36
Reports on efforts by John Malone, the Chairman of the TCI company, to improve the performance of the company. Description of Malone's accomplishments; Identification of strategies which he utilized.
- Dishing it out. Hamm, Steve // PC Week;10/16/95, Vol. 12 Issue 41, pA1
Focuses on Tele-Communications Inc. chairman John Malone's efforts to invest in interactive entertainment and communications ventures. Company's joint venture with Microsoft Corp.'s online services; Partnership with Acclaim to create a multiplayer game service; Investments in telephone service,...
- Malone on move. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/09/96, Vol. 126 Issue 51, p18
Reports on the course of actions of Tele-Communications Inc. (TCI) chairman John Malone. Consolidation of TCI's wireline and wireless telephone operations into a tracking stock; Buybacks of TCI and Liberty stock; Rollout of digital cable.
- Malone hedges bets with newspaper deal. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;04/28/97, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p10
Reports that John Malone, TCI's chairman and chief executive officer hedged his bets against the open market sale of shares owned by the late Bob Magness, former TCI chairman, to pay estates taxes by August 1997. TCI's willingness to acquire Kearns-Tribune, a newspaper publisher to secure...