Right Here. Right Now
- A Time Warner Spinoff of HBO? Why Bewkes Must Just Say No. Wolff, Michael // Hollywood Reporter;12/18/2015, Vol. 421 Issue 42, p48
The article reports developments in the operation of film studio Time Warner, particularly its subsidiary Home Box Office (HBO), as of mid-December 2015. Also cited are the claim that Time Warner's Jeff Bewkes could realize HBO's full potential if the company is spun off, as well as the comments...
- Time Warner revenues up 5% to $6.6 billion led by HBO & Warner Bros. // Indiantelevision.com;11/5/2015, p1
The article reports on growth in revenue of the media company Time Warner Inc. in third quarter of 2015 and mentions role of its subsidiaries in the growth. Topics discussed include a significant increase in its Adjusted Operating Income, contribution of subsidiaries in the company's revenue...
- Bewkes, Jeffrey L. K. J. P. // Current Biography;Nov2010, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p8
A biography of Jeffrey L. Bewkes, chief executive officer (CEO) of Time Warner Inc. since 2008 and chairman since 2009, is presented. He was born on May 25, 1952 in Paterson, New Jersey. He studied at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut and graduated from the same university with a...
- Bewkes takes charge at HBO. Battaglio, Stephen; Hettrick, Scott // Hollywood Reporter;5/4/95, Vol. 337 Issue 6, p6
Reports that Jeffrey Bewkes is the new chief executive officer (CEO) of Home Box Office Inc. (HBO). Departure of former HBO chairman to become the new Warner Music head; HBO's financial performance for 1994; Changes in the company's strategic direction with Bewkes as new head.
- HBO gets a new CEO. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;5/8/95, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the appointment of Jeff Bewkes as chief executive officer of HBO. Michael Fuchs as former chief executive; Status of HBO operations; Need to develop skills in nurturing HBO's relationships with Hollywood studios and talent.
- Net still growing strong. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;11/03/97, Vol. 368 Issue 13, p35
Focuses on developments related to Home Box Office (HBO) as of November 3, 1997. HBO's achievements during its 25 years of operations; Global expansion; Expansion of subscriber base; Establishment of the HBO brand; Chief executive officer Jeff Bewkes' future expansion plans for the company.
- TIME FOR CHANGE. Siklos, Richard; Mehta, Stephanie N. // Fortune;10/1/2007, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p153
The article discusses Dick Parsons, chief executive officer of Time Warner. Parsons' contract with Time Warner expires in May 2008, when he will be replaced by Time Warner president Jeffrey Bewkes. Time Warner's position as the biggest media company on the planet is noted. The falling stock...
- HBO may split gig. Zeitchik, Steven; Schneiber, Michael // Daily Variety;5/31/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 42, p1
The article reports on the decision of Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) to hold in naming the replacement for Chris Albrecht, HBO chairman and chief executive officer (CEO). Time Warner Inc. is still undecided on who will manage HBO, yet in one scene, it can be that HBO will have the position in two,...
- STEALTH FIGHTER FLIES HIGH. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;12/26/2005, Vol. 401 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the promotion of Jeff Bewkes to COO at Time Warner Inc. on December 22, 2005. Bewkes has been in Time Warner since 1979 when he joined the HBO Corp. At HBO, he contributes much to increasing the annual profits of several programs such as The Sopranos and Sex and the City....