Chiller's Thrillers Are Now Originals
- GRANADA GROWING IN U.S. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;7/5/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the collaboration of NBC Cable Networks and Granada America to develop a movie made for television regarding the Asian tsunami. Details on the production and development of the project; Period where the project is expected to be premiered.
- 'Stargate' stays open. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/22/2008, Vol. 406 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Sci Fi Channel to launch the new series "Stargate: Universe" in 2009 to continue the "Stargate" franchise in the U.S. The author stated that the telefilm will premiere a two-hour movie and will assume a regular hourly slot in summer. In addition, the series...
- NBC VAMPS ON VID GROWTH. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;3/13/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on the success of Hulu, the joint venture between NBC Universal and News Corp. which ranked second among online made-for television movie providers. It notes that the February 1, 2009 Super Bowl telecast of the spot featuring "30 Rock" star Alec Baldwin coincided with the...
- Set Dressing. // Horse & Rider;Feb2003, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p24
Presents information on 'Nightwaves,' a new made-for-television movie set in Boston, Massachusetts, as of February 2003. Plot of the movie; Description of Shelby Naylor, the star of the movie.
- The WINNING Season. // Scholastic Scope;4/26/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 17, p4
Presents information about the television film "The Winning Season," directed by Honus Wagner.
- Bleu Blazes! // Junior Scholastic;2/26/2007, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p5
The article provides information on the booming career of television film star Corbin Bleu and some of his movies and television series including "High School Musical," "Jump In!," and "Flight 29 Down."
- KEEPING POSTED. // Saturday Evening Post;2/7/1953, Vol. 225 Issue 32, p120
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Frank Taylor on preserving the great redwood trees in California and another by Lowell Hawley on the Hollywood boom in making television films.
- Chilling Views on Discovery, AMC. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p24
Presents views of the author on made-for-television movies to be aired on cable channels Discovery Channel and American Movie Classics (AMC) in October 2002. Information about the special documentary film 'Defcon-2,' to be aired on the Discovery Channel on October 30, 2002; Critique of...
- ' GOLDEN EAGLE ' FILM AWARDS. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1969, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p61
Features the National Educational Television films that received the Committee on International Non-Theatrical Events (CINE) award, the Golden Eagle. 'To Sleep...Perchance to Dream,' a documentary on the nature of sleep; 'Flying at the Bottom of the Sea,' concerning deep sea research; 'The...