CBS Net Puts Alt Games on VOD
- BRIEFS. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 7, p24
Presents news briefs on television and cable broadcasting in the U.S. as of February 2005. Decision of WNIT to add the Sundance Digital FastBreak automation system; Background on a new means of checking the quality of outgoing video and audio of content providers; Description of cameras to be...
- Are you ready for some wiffle ball? Bart, Peter // Daily Variety;10/28/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 16, p2
Comments on the willingness of television networks worldwide to invest heavily into sports programming, even though faced with fragmentation and tumbling ratings. Entry of three new sports networks in the U.S.; Amount invested in the 2002 and 2006 World Cups; Product placements in sports...
- ESPN Sees Gold in Digital. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;12/16/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 51, p32
Focuses on expansion plans of a sports television network Entertainment & Sports Programming Network (ESPN) in the U.S. Services likely to be expanded under the plan; Expected launch of a high definition channel ESPN HD; Programs to be featured on ESPN HD.
- I want my Y-TV. Quindt, Fritz // Sporting News;7/9/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 28, p7
Presents schedule of television programs aired over 24-hour regional sports channel in the United States.
- NBC scoring big with NBA gamble. McManus, John // Advertising Age;11/5/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 46, p24
Presents information on the advertising market for the television broadcast of the basketball games of the National Basketball Association (NBA) at television network NBC in the U.S. Price for television spots offered by NBC during the championship games of the NBA; Advertising rates for...
- Picture-Perfect. Wilner, Barry // Football Digest;Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p42
Focuses on television broadcasting of football in the U.S.
- Sports Emmys: A history. // Television Week;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, pS20
Highlights the history of the Sports Emmy Awards for television broadcasting of sports in the U.S. First award given by the Sports Emmy; Changes in the Sports Emmy in 1979; List of Lifetime Achievement Award winners.
- Avoiding the Olympics. Frankel, Daniel // MediaWeek;04/10/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 15, p9
Reports on the launching of the media coverage of the 2000 Summer Olympics on television (TV) in the United States. Reason for delaying the broadcast of the Olympics; Overview of some programs to be launched by TV stations; Poll conducted by Nielsen Media Research on syndicators.
- Media gives false image to today's TV landscape. Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/9/2003, Vol. 381 Issue 32, p14
Bad news sells more newspapers than good news. It's as true with media coverage of the television business as it is with ocean liner disasters. The consumer press' reflexive and relentless bashing of television has been alive and well this year. In August and September, USA Today and the New...