ESPN3 Wins Over Small Ops
- Skipper Keeps ESPN Ship Steady As She Grows. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;12/9/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 45, p10
An interview with John Skipper, president of ESPN sports television network and chairman of Disney Media Networks is presented. He relates how ESPN responded to the increase in competition in sports broadcasting with the launch of sports networks from Fox and NBC. Skipper comments on the...
- ESPN's Latest Goal: More Live Games. Consoli, John // Adweek;9/29/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 29, p5
The article reports that John Skipper, head of programming for the cable television company ESPN, said that his main goal was to expand the number of the company's live broadcasts of sports events on its cable television networks. Skinner wishes to replace many of the scripted and reality...
- John Skipper. Guthrie, Marisa // Hollywood Reporter;7/5/2013, Issue 24, p36
An interview with ESPN president and Disney Media Networks Group co-chairman John Skipper is presented. Skipper notes that the company is fortunate to start with 24 hours and seven days cable sports television broadcasting. He does not think that there will be a change if Fox Sports 1 will...
- ESPN Relaunches ESPN360.com. Pursell, Chris // Television Week;9/3/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p4
The article reports on the preparations taken by ESPN for the relaunch of its broadband service ESPN360.com. The service is part of its effort to create a true online sports channel that will feature up to 11 live sporting events at once. The channel, currently available to 17 million...
- ESPN BOWS 'TV EVERYWHERE' HOW-TO VIDEO. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/30/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p8
The article offers information on a promotional spot aired by ESPN which explains how authenticated viewers can watch repurposed sports programming on laptops, tablets and related portable media devices.
- ESPN's hare-raising Ryder Cup deal recalled. Verdi, Bob // Golf World;2/22/2008, Vol. 61 Issue 26, p56
The author reflects on the deal of ESPN, a television network, to broadcast the Ryder Cup matches at the Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia. He comments on the re-entry of the network into the sport that once covered the Professional Golfers' Association of America Tour. The author states...
- ESPN collates content to create major sports portal. // New Media Age;8/6/2009, p06
The article focuses on the campaign of sports network ESPN for ESPN.co.uk following its purchase of Premier League rights in Great Britain in 2009. The media campaign for ESPN.co.uk will include contents from ESPNsoccernet as well as from ESPNcricinfo. ESPN aims to put additional content to the...
- ESPN sets records for following USA. Bauder, David // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/25/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 149, p12
The article reports on the claims of ESPN that its website streaming of the World Cup victory of USA against Algeria has garnered 1.1 million viewers in New York.
- A JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF SPORTS. Broderick, Matthew // Boys' Life;Jun2013, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses sports channel ESPN's production of "SportsCenter" television (TV) show and narrates the global meeting for the day's coverage, the "SporstCenter" staff meeting, and the activities at the ESPN Newsroom.