Move Cuts Staff; CEO Exits
- Move Networks names Roxanne Austin president and CEO. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/20/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p2
The article announces that Roxanne Austin was appointed president and chief executive officer (CEO) at Move Networks in American Fork, Utah in July 2009.
- Video Vendor Move Lays Off 15% of Staff. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;2/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p16
The article reports that Move Networks Inc. laid off 15 percent of the workforce and leaving the company with 107 employees. The lay off was done as the company moved from Web video to deliver Internet-protocol television services through cable and telco customers. According to vice president...
- Job One for Austin: Forget How to Spell 'Merger' Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;5/13/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p44
Interviews DirecTV president Roxanne Austin. Changes implemented by Austin in the network; Views on the effects of merger on the broadcasting market; Concern over the future and performance of top executives in the broadcasting industry.
- Austin: DirecTV's Still 'Best of Breed' // Multichannel News;3/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p3
Interviews Roxanne Austin, president of DirecTV Inc. Prospects of the company for 2003; Austin's views on the competition to the company from cable operators.
- ON THE MERGER BLOCK. // Television Week;4/7/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p3
Interviews DirecTV Inc. President and Chief Operating Office Roxanne Austin and Senior Vice President, Programming Stephanie Campbell about the state of DirecTV and its renewed competition with EchoStar. Reality underlying the failed acquisition bid of EchoStar for DirecTV; Priorities of the...
- Austin Aims To Stay. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/21/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 16, p42
Interviews Roxanne Austin, president and chief operating officer of the cable television network DirecTV about the future of DirecTV's operations. Financial performance of the network; Development plans of the network; Issues related to the acquisition of the network.
- EchoStar Advanced Techologies Buys IPTV Provider Move Networks' Assets. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p22
The article reports that technological company EchoStar Advanced Technologies LLC has acquired the assets of Utah-based internet protocol television (IPTV) provider Move Networks Inc., which features investors such as Comcast Corp. and Cisco Systems Inc.
- NEW MEXICO: City Layoffs. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;1/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31308, p37
Reports on an announcement by the mayor of Albuquerque, New Mexico Martin Chavez to eliminate 14 city government jobs. Reasons cited for retrenchment; Budget deficits faced by six government departments; Proposals to raise revenue.
- WISCONSIN: Downsizing. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p29
Reports on retrenchment of employees in the Wisconsin state. Reason for the dismissal of employees; Efforts of the state to avoid tax increases to balance the budget.