Cable Stocks Rise Again
- Cable Nets Brace for Soft Q2 Ad Growth. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;7/14/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p3
The article focuses on a business forecast related to the U.S. cable television industry for second quarter of 2014 by analysts Vijay Jayant and David Joyce. According to the forecast domestic advertisement growth will decline by 14 percent for AMC Networks Inc., an American entertainment...
- BUNDLING, CORD-CUTTING AND THE DEATH OF TV AS WE KNOW IT. Chulkov, Dmitriy; Nizovtsev, Dmitri // Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies;2015, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p27
The article discusses a case study which describes the changing landscape in the paid-television industry in the U.S. The case explores the principles of bundling, price discrimination, a-la-carte pricing, and other pricing strategies in the industry. The increase in cable television prices is...
- Anything for a Sale. DeHaan, Peter L. // American Salesman;Sep2014, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences of dealing with a cable television (TV) network provider in the U.S., which failed to provide what it promised to them as of September 2014.
- Cable television: An American success story. Atford, Harry C. // Michigan Citizen;12/2/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, pA7
The article offers information on the progress and success of the cable television industry in the U.S.
- Analyst Bullish On Cable/Satellite. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/12/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p13
The article focuses on the report of Wells Fargo Securities analyst Marci Ryvicker regarding the financial performance of the cable and satellite industry in the U.S. According to Ryvicker's report, the cable and satellite industry have experienced an increase of stocks by 20% and 16% since the...
- The Care and Feeding of Upstream Channel Bonding. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p22
The article talks about upstream cable spectrum and downstream cable spectrum in the U.S.
- 'LINEAR TV IS DEAD,' AND OTHER CABLE WORRIES. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;7/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p19
The article presents the author's views concerning linear television in the U.S.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;7/14/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p18
A calendar of events for the U.S. cable television industry from July 16-August 6, 2014 is presented which includes the annual meeting of the Minnesota Cable Communications Association, CableLabs Summer Conference and annual meeting of the Wisconsin Cable Communications Association.
- Pigskin, pugilism remain vital to the pay cabler'sfun and games department. Justin, Neal // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, pA14
The article focuses on the importance of boxing for the fun and games department of pay cable broadcasting company, Home Box Office Inc. (HBO), in 2010 in the U.S.