Dish Rolls Dice in Nevada
- Dish Averts STELA Carriage Mandate. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;8/2/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p20
The article reports on the move of Dish Network Corp. to avoid the expedited noncommercial, high-definition station-carriage mandate in the newly reauthorized satellite distant blanket license law called the Satellite Television Extension and Localism Act (STELA) in which it forces the company...
- Dish Drops Four Stations In Midwest. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;8/4/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p3
The article reports that satellite provider Dish Network has dropped four TV stations off its lineup in Midwest U.S. The stations were dropped after Dish's retransmission-consent deal with Citadel Communications expired on July 31, 2008. Dish removed WHBF, WOI-TV and KCAU-TV in Iowa and KLKN-TV...
- ITV and GMTV tipped to lose out to Sky and C5. Mason, Tania // Marketing (00253650);1/4/2002, p4
Forecasts on the gain of advertising revenue of Sky and Channel 5 in Great Britain. Prediction on the further decline of ITV's advertising income in 2002; Comparison of forecast between British media agencies; Views from executives of media agencies.
- Stop the squabbling and digital terrestrial might have a chance. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);9/19/2002, p18
Comments on the need for cooperation to help develop terrestrial television in Great Britain. Effect of the plan of the British Broadcasting Corp. to broadcast eight channels on digital television; Use of technologies by the commercial sector to gain monopoly; Factor that can save the...
- Broadcasters target DBS. Miles, Laureen; Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;4/24/95, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p4
Reports on challenges hurled by television stations in the United States against Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) dishes, the services that import broadcast-network programming from distant stations. Response of major satellite players to the challenges; Pressure on satellite services to prove...
- Star TV India to beam Vijay. Mathur, Arti // Daily Variety;08/07/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 45, p12
Reports on Star TV India's broadcasting of the Tamil language channel Vijay TV.
- DIRECTV LA automates. // TVB Europe;May2000, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p64
Reports that Columbine JDS Systems has equipped the DIRECTV Los Angeles Broadcast Center in California with its CJDS DAL system. Automation systems that are included in the installation; Remarks from Wayne Rutling, chief executive officer of Columbine JDS.
- Al-Jazeera to beam out of Cairo. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/11/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p11
Reports on television station Al-Jazeera's signing up to work in the media free zone in Cairo, Egypt.
- Doordarshan's regional services to shift to new satellite. // Indiantelevision.com;12/8/2015, p1
The article announces that Doordarshan will be off air for five hours in order to shift to a satellite on December 10, 2015.