Comcast Empowers Customer-Care Crews
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;2/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p24
Several photographs of various activities demonstrated by various cable television networks are presented including the Comcast Sports Net Chicago's 21st Annual CSN Awards, the Power of the Purse breakfast at NBC Universal and the combatants at the Media Battle of the Bands in New York.
- BEYOND THE NUMBERS. // Multichannel News;10/12/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p7
The article offers insights from cable operators regarding their moves in implementing the five key customer service areas in the U.S. Comcast Corp. cites that the company is empowering employees with tools and training to improve customers satisfaction. Charter stresses that the company is...
- Pay TV Sub Rolls Take a 2nd-Quarter Hit. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;10/26/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p34
The article focuses on the business of pay television (TV) services in the U.S. as of October 2015. It states that the number of pay TV subscribers remained steady in the second quarter of 2015, and mentions earnings of publicly traded cable operators like Comcast and Time Warner Cable. It notes...
- Avoiding Disaster Before It Strikes. Carrington, Christopher M. // Multichannel News;4/19/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p25
In this article, the author discusses the implications of hurricane forecasts towards among cable system operators in the U.S. He emphasizes the importance of reviewing the business-continuity and disaster-recovery plans of cable system operators. He highlights the significance of home-based,...
- REASONS WHY CABLE SHOULD CHEER THE MARRIAGE. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;11/16/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p8
The article focuses on the significance of the merger of U.S.-based cable operator Comcast Corp. and cable, film and broadcasting company NBC Universal Inc. for cable operators in the country. It claims that the merger could increase the rollout and acceptance of video on demand (VOD) and more...
- TV Everywhere Is Nowhere Yet. Whitney, Daisy // CableFAX Magazine;May2010, p16
The article discusses the future of online television (TV) service TV Everywhere in the U.S. According to analyst Will Richmond, TV Everywhere is critical because consumers are expecting to watch their favorite TV programs whenever and wherever they want. It mentions that Comcast Corp. and Time...
- Anything for a Sale. DeHaan, Peter L. // American Salesman;Sep2014, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experiences of dealing with a cable television (TV) network provider in the U.S., which failed to provide what it promised to them as of September 2014.
- Cable television: An American success story. Atford, Harry C. // Michigan Citizen;12/2/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 4, pA7
The article offers information on the progress and success of the cable television industry in the U.S.
- The Care and Feeding of Upstream Channel Bonding. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p22
The article talks about upstream cable spectrum and downstream cable spectrum in the U.S.