- Discovery's pay channels skip Freeview's platform. Johnson, Debra // Daily Variety;10/9/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 3, p9
Reports that Discovery Communications will not place its channels on Blighty's free-to-air digital platform Freeview in October 2002. Third-quarter subscriber figures of Discovery worldwide.
- Discovery Wants to Monetize Ideas. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;03/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p1
Reports on Discovery Communications Inc.'s patenting of a process called Card for a Set-Top Terminal, which could change the way people watch television. Plans for digital set-top technology that could allow cable operators to offer subscribers a menu-driven program guide; Enabling of cable...
- Dicovery's big stretch. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;01/25/99, Vol. 129 Issue 4, p106
Highlights the efforts of Discovery Communications Inc. to engage into digital cable business. Investments made by the company for real estate analog channels; Comments from John Hendricks, chairman of the company.
- DISCOVERY'S DIGITAL WORLD. Prikios, Karen Anderson // Broadcasting & Cable;03/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p66
Highlights Discovery Digital Networks' efforts to create digital cable television programming that can appeal to all household members. Number of subscribers to Discovery Science Channel, Discovery Kids Channel, Discovery Wings Channel, Discovery Civilization Channel and Discovery Home &...
- Discovery doubles ops. // Daily Variety;12/11/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the plan of the Discovery Network to venture into digital broadcasting and improve its infrastructural operations in India.
- Ready for digital cable TV? Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;9/16/96, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p8
Reports on major multiple system cable operators' preparation to roll out the first digital set-top cable boxes to subscribers in October 1996. Launching of digital-only cable services by Discovery Communications, Arts & Entertainment and ESPN; Digital 24-hour Discovery services.
- The digital ad-age: good things come ... Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;04/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p18
Focuses on major television programmers' launching of digital networks in the United States. Discovery Networks' offering of ad-supported services; Strategy of repackaging and recycling shows that have previously run on sibling networks; Noggin educational network's creation of a viable...
- Discovery to roll out red-button advertising across all channels. // New Media Age;3/30/2006, p5
The article reports on the plan of Discovery Networks Europe to offer iTV advertising across its network of digital TV channels. Discovery Networks Europe is the last major broadcaster to start offering iTV advertising across its range of channels. The reason for the delay in the broadcaster's...
- 3D GETS A C-. // Consumer Reports;Sep2008, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p9
The article reviews the 56-inch Digital Light Processing (DLP) television from Samsung in combination with the 3D glasses kit from eDimensional.