ESPN Sets Soccer Standard With 6.2 Million
- Football kicks off rich season. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;9/22/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 56, p5
The article reports on the football ratings in broadcast reality shows for the final week of September 2010 in the U.S.
- The NFL pack is back. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;9/15/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 25, p6
The article presents information on the television viewers' rating of several television programs. National Broadcasting Company Inc. continues to score mammoth viewer-ship for the return of the National Football League (NFL) in the regular season. Fox was second, aided by some NFL overrun of...
- Changes afoot for NFL lineups. Kissell, Rick // Variety;8/13/2012, Vol. 428 Issue 1, p19
The article considers the impact of changes made to the 2012 National Football League (NFL) schedule on the ratings of both television broadcasts of those games and on the ratings of other prime time television programs and considers television broadcasting of college football in 2012.
- Packer Power. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;4/17/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 16, p16
The article reports that football team Packers have continued to increase the ratings of television stations in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Both WLUK and WFRV stations will air games which can attract a 45 rating/80 household share. Station managers expect Packers to remain a tough contender even if...
- CFL derby's lofty ratings defies urge to merge domestic leagues. // Indiantelevision.com;9/21/2015, p1
The article reports on the positive response on television broadcast for the first edition of Indian Super League (ISL) by media company Star India Pvt. Ltd. in collaboration with the Calcutta Football League (CFL) in 2015.
- RATINGS TOUCHDOWN. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;9/6/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 47, p4
The article reports on the television coverage by American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) of the opening of the National Football League (NFL) 2012 season on September 1, 2012 which has topped the television program ratings for the first week of September 2012.
- NETS FEAST ON PIGSKIN. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;1/7/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the significant contribution of television broadcasting of football to the ratings of television networks in the U.S. The author expects that NBC, Fox, ESPN, NFL Network and CBS all enjoyed high numbers of audiences as football is still popular among them. He also reveals...
- PIGSKIN PACKS 'EM IN. // Daily Variety;10/7/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that a record cable television audience of 21.84 million viewers watched the program "Monday Night Football" on ESPN to see a National Football League (NFL) game between the Minnesota Vikings and the Green Bay Packers. Vikings quarterback Brett Favre had spent most of his...
- Super Bowl 50 Draws Third Largest Audience on Record. // Variety;2/9/2016, Vol. 331 Issue 1, p10
The article reports that the broadcasting of the Super Bowl football game by the television network CBS on February 7, 2016 ranked third of the most-watched programs in the U.S. television history.