FOR THE RECORD
- Verizon Hedges Its Bets. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p39
This article reports that Verizon has struck a deal with Howard County in Maryland to deliver video service. It says that Verizon has negotiated, as part of the deal, a three-year "out" clause with the county. Howard County Cable Administrator says that Verizon insisted on the ability to get out...
- Verizon Watch:. // CableFAX Daily;9/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 185, p2
The article focuses on the issues concerning Verizon Communications Inc. The New York Public Service Commission has confirmed the video franchises of Verizon in the villages of Lynbrook and Mineola on Long Island and in Clarkstown. Meanwhile, Boxborough, Massachusetts has granted the company a...
- Phone fight. Shields, Todd // Brandweek;4/4/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 14, pSR54
Focuses on the conflict between telecommunication companies and cable operators due to the high-speed fiber line services offered by telephone companies in the U.S. Comment issued by telecommunication company Verizon against cable operators which are against the high-speed fiber line...
- Verizon Sets Live TV iPad App for FiOS. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/23/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on the new video application of the Verizon FiOS which offers an iPad application that allows subscribers to view a live cable network feeds to the computer tablets of Apple Inc.
- Verizon Lobbies for Chable Regulation on Local Level. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);2/3/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p11
Focuses on the lobbying efforts of Verizon Communications for the imposition of franchise fees on cable modem services by local governments in the U.S. Details of the policy changes sought by Verizon; Information on a scheduled meeting between Verizon representatives and the National League of...
- Verizon Moves Into Cable TV. Kerschbaumer, Ken; Meyer, Joel // Broadcasting & Cable;9/26/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 39, p4
Reports on the launch of the FiOS fiber-optic cable television service from Verizon in Keller, Texas in September 2005. Fees for subscribing to the service; Television channels offered by the service; Service packages offered by Verizon to subscribers.
- Mobile. // CableFAX Daily;11/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 216, p1
The article reports on the agreement of cable television network Oxygen with Verizon FiOS TV, in which Oxygen will be available in the expanded basic tier in Keller, Texas in 2005.
- Solving city's cable competition crunch. David, Greg // Crain's New York Business;4/2/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 14, p13
The article discusses the author's views on competition in the cable television industry in New York City. The author argues for the measures required to allow Verizon Communications Inc. to take on other competitors in the field. The New York City Council voted to authorize a TV franchise for...
- Cable Upping HD as Revenue Growth Ebbs. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/30/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 51, p12
The article reports on the plan of multiple system cable TV operators (MSOs) to advance high-definition (HD) platforms come 2008 in a bid to address the decline in subscriber growth and increased competition from satellite and telephone carriers. Cox Communications is providing five free...