FCC: Forbearance Or for Worse
- FCC: Forbearance Or for Worse. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p4
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to begin the comment-gathering process to classify broadband Internet as a Title II telecommunications service. It notes that during a debate on June 17, 2010, three Democrats voted to clarify FCC's authority...
- THE LAW AND ECONOMICS OF NETWORK NEUTRALITY. Hazlett, Thomas W.; Wright, Joshua D. // Indiana Law Review;2012, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p767
The article discusses the laws pertaining to no blocking and no unreasonable discrimination rules of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) network neutrality (NN) policy. It focuses on the economic impact of net neutrality regulations, and describes the regulatory status of the...
- MORE, BETTER, FASTER. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;10/5/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 37, p8
The article focuses on the national broadband plan being advanced by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to allow faster Internet lines. It states that the proposal was forged during a public meeting as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. It adds that the National...
- Net Neutrality Puzzle: What Are Fast Lanes ? REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;11/21/2014, pA04
President Barack Obama wants Internet "fast lanes" banned, but nuances in telecom regulation might still leave room for broadband service providers to charge content companies extra fees for special services and "interconnection" deals, analysts say.
- Title II and Legal Gymnastics. SPIWAK, LAWRENCE J. // Multichannel News;2/16/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p37
The article comments on the plan of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to cancel the bipartisan approach to address Internet regulation and reclassify broadband as a common-carrier telecommunications service under Title II of the Communications Act. Topics covered include changes...
- Washington weighs in. Engebretson, Joan // Telephony;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on the report entitled "Report on A Rural Broadband Strategy," issued by acting chairman Michael J. Copps of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. The report details the importance of coordination between federal agencies and state and community...
- FCC to give broadband another failing grade. Jerome, Sara // Hill;4/20/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 54, p10
The article reports on the expectation for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to reveal that broadband providers are not deploying services in a reasonable and timely way in the U.S.
- Broadband speeds mostly as advertised. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;8/3/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 116, p13
The article mentions the report unveiled by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which revealed that most major broadband firms in the country provide access that is 80 to 90 percent of advertised speeds or better.
- FCC set to deliver plan for expanding broadband access. Hart, Kim; Romm, Tony // Hill;3/16/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p6
The article reports on the intention of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to expand the National Broadband Plan.