Deal Tunes In Cable Boxes
- Microtune Buys Transilica in Stock Transaction. Romanelli, Alex // Electronic News;11/5/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 45, p20
Reports on the acquisition of Transilica Inc. by Microtune Inc. Estimated value of the acquisition; Benefits of the deal on Microtune; Predicted revenue of the company in 2002.
- Untitled. Hall, Kathleen // Computer Weekly;3/1/2011, Issue 9, p16
The article reports that Silicon Valley chip-maker Zoran Corp. has been acquired by CSR Inc.
- Merger triggers camera chip designs. // Electronics Weekly;3/2/2011, Issue 2458, p8
The article presents information on the proposed merger between CSR Inc. and Zoran Corp. It is stated that the first joint products after the merger will be chipsets aimed at cameras. Jeffrey Torrance, vice-president of business development at CSR, stated that the reason for the merger is that...
- Zoran Buys Oak for $358M. // Electronic News;5/12/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 19, pN.PAG
Reports on the acquisition of Oak Technology Inc. by Zoran Corp. Terms of the acquisition; Comments from Zoran chief executive officer Levy Gerzberg.
- The Circuit. Hesseldahl, Arik // Electronic News;01/24/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p20
Presents news briefs from the electronics industry as of January 24, 2000. Merger of Microtune Inc. and Temic Telefunken Hochfreqenztechnik GmBbH; Completion of the second round of venture funding of No Wires Needed BV.
- Zoran Acquiring Oren in $44.6M Stock Deal. // Electronic News;5/16/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 20, pN.PAG
Reports that Zoran Corp. has acquired Oren Semiconductor. Terms of the agreement; Value of the deal; Expectations of Zoran from the deal.
- Zoran aims for sub-$1K video boards. MacLellan, Andrew // Electronic News (10616624);7/22/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2126, p54
Reports on Zoran's introduction of its ZR36057 Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) controller that integrates external buffer and glue logic functions on a single chip. Features; Inclusion of JPEG Summit reference design kit in the PCI controller package; Price.
- Zoran signs licensing pacts with 5 companies. // Electronic News;1/13/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2150, p16
Reports that Zoran has inked licensing deals with five audio specialists to port three-dimensional audio algorithms to the company's Dolby AC-3/Pro-Logic chip. Features of Zoran's ZR38600.
- Zoran seeks mainstream with JPEG/PCI combination. // Electronic News;04/28/97, Vol. 43 Issue 2165, p22
Reports on Zoran Corp.'s plan to unveil its fourth-generation JPEG processor and an accompanying PCI controller chipset. Efforts to enter the mainstream personal computer market.