FearNet Seeking Basic Carriage
- FearNet Seeking Basic Carriage. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p3
The article reports on the plan of subscription video-on-demand (VOD) service FearNet, which is owned by Lionsgate, Sony Pictures Television Inc. and Comcast Corp., to be launched as a digital-basic movie channel on October 1, 2010.
- VOD's Long Strange Trip. Buckly, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan2007, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
The author reflects on the usefulness of the Video on Demand (VOD) services. He shares his experience with VOD and asserts that its utility is increasing. He expresses his satisfaction to the digital cable he acquired from Comcast Corp. which offers free VOD service. He reports that the...
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;12/19/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p22
The article presents updates on the cable programming of Comcast Corp. "CN8 Presents: Celebrate '06," a live comedy and music programming will be presented by Comcast Network. The Oxygen video-on-demand service from Comcast Corp. is now available to digital television consumers.
- Comcast Keeps Making Digital Gains. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p174
Reports on the continued growth of the digital television subscriber base of Comcast Corp. during the first quarter of 2000. Digital cable's warding off of direct-broadcast satellite penetration; Financial performance.
- Comcast Execs Vow to Keep Pedal to Metal. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;09/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p16
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to re-invest its digital-cable revenue. Launching of two products yearly; Acquisitions made by the company; Investment in rebuilds.
- Comcast to launch digital in Philly. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/97, Vol. 127 Issue 43, p57
Highlights Comcast Corp.'s launch of its digital television (TV) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Total number of channels of digital programming offered by Comcast; Comcast's interest in digital as an offensive strategy intended to generate new revenue; Pricing for Comcast's digital TV.
- HITS Adds, VOD, HD Options. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;5/10/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p27
Focuses on the discussions of Comcast Media Center executives with clients of Headend in the Sky to determine whether to add high density television programming and video-on-demand to the services offered by the company. Link between Comcast Corp. and AT&T Broadband facility; Benefits offered...
- Comcast Tests HD Movie VOD. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p10
Reports that Comcast Corp. is testing an offer of HDTV video-on-demand (VOD) which it sees as another potential tremendous offensive weapon against direct-broadcasting satellite. Information on HDTV VOD; Market where the tests are being conducted according to Page Thompson of Comcast Cable...
- Comcast ups HD VOD ante. // CED;Oct2006, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the offering of about 100 hours of video-on-demand programming by Comcast Cable in high-definition format for its high definition television customers in the U.S. The company will launch at least 20 titles per month in courtesy of Starz Entertainment LLC. According to...