Dolans, Murdoch In Next Retrans Scrap
- OLN Still Filling NHL Roster. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/17/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p18
Reports on the decision of cable television channel OLN to pull its feed on National Hockey league coverage from Cablevision Systems Corp. and Dish Network. Reason behind the decision of OLN; Reaction of Dish to the decision; Claim of OLN regarding the broadcasting of hockey games by Cablevision.
- GEMS carriage agreement. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/96, Vol. 126 Issue 19, p90
Focuses on the carriage agreement GEMS International Television signed with Cablevision Systems Corporation. Number of subscribers added to network; Launching of GEMS in New York City on Cablevision's channel 78.
- Bidding war may deprive fans of England's glory. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;9/6/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p19
Reports the performance of ITV 1 on the national sport write off in England. Joint bidding between ITV 1 and BBC on the football tournament; Value of the bidding; Negotiations between ITV 1 and BBC by events.
- Dish Adds FIFA Net From Univision. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p20
The article reports on the launch of Dish Network Corp.'s sports television channel Univision FIFA World Cup Channel, which caters to the network's Hispanic viewers.
- IFC boosting subs by at least 5 mil. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;05/08/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 49, p15
Reports the cable-carriage agreements of Chuck Dolan's Independent Film Channel with Time Warner Cable, Adelphia Communications and Paul Allen's Charter Communications in the United States.
- Yankee fans copping coin. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;4/24/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 39, p1
Reports the availability of rebates to subscribers of Cablevision with no broadcasting access to the baseball games of the New York Yankees in the U.S. Impact of the feud between Cablevision and YES Network; Amount of the total rebate; Lawsuit filed by fans against Cablevision and the baseball...
- Cablevision: not in this Lifetime. McConville, Jim // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/19/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 10, p8
Reports the refusal of Cablevision Systems to the demand of Lifetime Television to increase the monthly subscriber fees in New York. Reason of Cablevision for disapproving the proposal; Estimates on the number of homes subscribing for Cablevision; Terms in the carriage agreement between...
- The cablers. Katz, Richard; Stern, Christopher // Variety;04/19/99, Vol. 374 Issue 9, p27
Reports on developments related to cable television in the United States as of April 19, 1999. Includes USA Networks' plan to purchase cable networks Bravo and Independent Film Channel from Cablevision Systems; Decker Anstrom's resignation as president of National Cable Television Association.
- ARGENTINA GETS PAY TV PAIR. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;07/10/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 24, p10
Reports that the HBO Latin America Group has signed a multiyear agreement with multisystem operators, Multicanal and Cablevision, which will carry the HBO and Cinemax channels in Argentine cable.