Honoring Cable's Forward Thinkers
- NATAS to fete Levi with Silver Circle. // Daily Variety;09/20/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 13, p15
Reports that Bob Levi, president of worldwide program planning and acquisitions for the Turner Entertainment Group, was the recipient of the Silver Circle award from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
- Digital fix for videotape. Bowser // Broadcasting & Cable;11/01/99, Vol. 129 Issue 45, p38
Features the digitally oriented broadcast facility of the United States-based television network Turner Entertainment Group as part of its media asset management applications. Management of the company's videotape loads; Realignment of staff; Consolidation of firm's services; Facility's design...
- Survey Ranks Turner, Comedy as Top Sales Groups. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;12/16/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 50, p12
Reports that Turner Entertainment Group was ranked as the top cable and broadcast-network sales organization in an annual survey conducted by Jack Myers. Cable organizations that were ranked in the top twenty list of the survey; Comparison of the organizations' rank with their prior-year...
- Turner Ent. taps Katz as senior vp. Stark, Steven J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/07/2000, Vol. 365 Issue 28, p6
Announces the appointment of Jonathan Katz as senior vice president of worldwide program planning and acquisitions at Turner Entertainment Group. Career background; Duties and responsibilities.
- Turner visionary retires. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/11/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 7, p5
Reports the retirement of Bob Levi as president of Turner Entertainment Group in the United States. Employment background of Levi; Appointment of Jonathan Katz as replacement for Levi; Contributions of Levi in the company.
- TURNER RAISES KATZ TO SR. VP. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;11/08/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 48, p10
Reports the promotion of Jonathan Katz as senior vice president for the worldwide program planning and acquisitions of Turner Entertainment Group.
- Audio side of the house. Grant, Jim // TVB Europe;Nov2000, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p66
Deals with the development of the audio system of Turner Studios, the full-service broadcast production division of Turner Entertainment Group. Description of the sound design rooms of the digital audio facilities at the studio; Networking the consoles for maximum scheduling flexibility;...
- Turner Entertainment goes Modular. // TVB Europe;Apr2002, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p4
Reports on the purchase of broadcast modules from Snell & Wilcox's IQ Modular line of intelligent products by the Turner Entertainment Group for its broadcast facility in Atlanta, Georgia. Effect of the operations of the facility on the business of Turner; Land area of the facility; Functions...
- People. // Advertising Age;5/22/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 21, p14
Career developments involving advertising executives in the U.S., are presented. Todd Grant has been appointed as the executive creative director of WPP Group's Cole & Weber United. Veronica Sheehan has been appointed as the senior VP-network operations, Turner Broadcasting System's Turner...