Keeping the Focus on Fostering Diversity
- NAMIC's First 30 Years. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;9/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p16
The article reports on the accomplishments of the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC) as the organization marks its 30th anniversary. It discusses the networking and educational opportunities offered by NAMIC, which was founded in 1980 as the National Association...
- Nets Navigate Choice Versus Value. Guthrie, Marisa // Broadcasting & Cable;11/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 41, p10
The article offers information on the comments of several panelists including Josh Sapan, Matt Blank and Sean Bratches on the development of screens and viewer choices during the 3rd annual OnScreen Medica Summit in New York City.
- On Diversity, Be Dissatisfied. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;10/14/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p33
The author criticizes the lack of diversity in the U.S. cable television industry in 2013 and mentions various reports which showed a lack of diversity in television show casts as well as a lack of minority employees on writing staffs and in the cable telecommunications industry in general.
- Cable's Bad Web Habits. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/30/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p3
The article focuses on issues related to free online streaming of several television shows. It notes that some cable programmers and executives emphasized their concerns that taking shows to the Web for free will lead consumers away from the traditional linear cable channels, and will create bad...
- Forecast Trends. Further Inclusion. Foster Innovation. Brennan, Maria; Williamson, Alicin // Multichannel News;10/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p31
The article discusses the 2013 National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) and Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) Cable Telecommunications Industry Workforce Diversity Survey and states that the survey plays and an important role in analyzing diversity.
- Shining Spotlight on Bright House. Waldman, Allison J. // Television Week;9/15/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 23, p24
The article reports on the commitment of Bright House Networks to diversity. At the center of the cable company's diversity commitment is the pursuit of an essential goal, to reflect within the organization the diverse characteristics of the markets it serves. The Kaitz Foundation was impressed...
- BRIGHT SPOT IN COMMUNITY. // Multichannel News;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p18
The article discusses the commitment of television company Bright House Networks LLC to diversity in the U.S. Bright House commits to employ women and colored people in senior-ranking positions, and launch diverse programs. It also launched a Women's Leadership Circle to enhance the...
- TOP DOWN AT SCRIPPS. // Multichannel News;9/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p18
The article discusses the commitment of cable television company Scripps Networks Interactive to diversity in the U.S. Scripps conducts an internal review of its programs to ensure they reflect the diversity of its audiences. It hosted a professional leadership conference for minority women, and...
- Diversity Really Happens When Someone's Hired. Pamphile, Josephine // Multichannel News;10/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p31
In this article, the author discusses 20th Annual Diversity Awards Dinner organized by non-profit T. Howard Foundation and comments that the firm is growing for committing inclusion and diversity, and industry is aware about the statistics tracking subscribers and viewers.