Ad Slump Thumps Regional Sports Nets
- Kagan: Retrans Revenue to Double by 2017. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/30/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p24
The article offers the insights of SNL Kagan Ultd. regarding its retransmission-consent revenue. The company states that they expect 3.6 billion dollars revenue in retransmission-consent by the end of 2017 from its 1.14 billion dollars gross in 2010. The company mentions that the cable sports...
- Study: Retrans Fees Boost B'cast Revenue. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/5/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that the retransmission-consent revenue climbed more than 30% for broadcasters in the first nine months of 2008. The SNL Kagan states that retransmission consents are on pace to top $1.3 billion by 2012, and cable operators will dole out $668.2 million by 2012. It suggests...
- Big Plans for Small Networks. Winslow, George // Broadcasting & Cable;1/16/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p40
The article presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of January 16, 2006. The Spotlight Challenge of Comcast Spotlight aims to train and encourage cable advertising sales executives to sell broader and deeper into system's inventories. It mentions the efforts of Outdoor...
- M6 POSTS LOFTY EARNINGS. James, Alison // Daily Variety;7/17/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 31, p6
Reports the increase of the revenue of the M6 network show 'Loft Story' in Paris, France. Percentage of increase in Internet advertisement revenues; Changes in the theme channel revenues.
- Sports leading to rising costs, slimmer margins. // CED;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p6
The offers a report by media data provider SNL Kagan regarding costs of sports channels which is growing at an annual compound growth rate (CAGR) and decision to be taken by multichannel video programming distributor (MVPD) for the distribution of regional sports network (RSNs).
- The end of network news as we know it? Steinberg, Brian // Advertising Age;4/28/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 17, p12
The article discusses how declining television ratings and advertising revenues may lead to changes in network news programs. The author notes that the target audience for news programs is often using the Internet or not home while the programs are broadcast. Television networks such as CBS, ABC...
- DATACENTER. Johnson, Bradley; Brown, Kevin // Advertising Age;4/9/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 15, p8
The article presents data that relates to television advertising in the United States. The ad revenue figure for CBS, the top television network in 2006, is given. Bar graphs chart ad revenue for broadcast and cable networks. The top networks in revenue growth between 2005 and 2006 are listed,...
- Turnaround for TV ad revenues. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;3/21/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p5
Forecasts the television advertising revenue in Great Britain. Expectation of increase of revenue; Anticipation of television advertising increase of ITV; Prediction of increase for satellite channel revenue by Channel 5.
- Sunnier Times Ahead. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;1/25/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 4, p18
The article focuses on the leading television stations in San Diego, California. It mentions that the CBS Television Network's KFMB-TV is the leader in terms of advertising revenues and station ratings. It notes that the station has won total day ratings in November 2009 and also won the revenue...