Comcast SVP Derek Harrar Exits
- COMCAST OFFERS HBO ON DEMAND HD. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;7/27/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p32
The article reports on the full HBO On Demand service offered by Comcast in high definition (HD) to HBO subscribers. According to Derek Harrar, senior vice president (SVP) and general manager (GM) of video services for Comcast, its customers will be the first to enjoy such kind of service. The...
- Comcast, TVN Bow 'Twilight' On Demand Day-and-Date. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;3/23/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p9
The article announces that both Comcast and TVN Entertainment have debuted the film "Twilight" day-and-date on-demand in the U.S. Derek Harrar, senior vice president (SVP) and general manager (GM) of video services for Comcast, comments on the company's decision to debut the film on-demand....
- MULTIPLE CHOICE: DEREK HARRAR. // Television Week;11/10/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p13
An interview with Derek Harrar, Comcast's senior vice president and general manager of video services, is presented. Harrar says they observed high usage in the action genre when they originally launched a video-on-demand programming. According to Harrar, the high-definition customer tends to be...
- COMCAST OFFERS FREE BASIC CABLE WITH OTHER SERVICE. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;10/12/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 41, p10
This article reports that Comcast has started its Get Ready initiative to help with the U.S. government-mandated transiton to digital television (TV) broadcasting. The initiatve offers free basic cable for 12 months who sign up for at least one other Comcast service. Derek Harrar, general...
- Comcast bylaws change allows easier way to spin off divisions. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;7/1/96, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p12
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s shareholders' approval of a resolution that will make it easier for the company to spin off individual business units. Possible candidates for a spinoff; Features of the company's acquisition of E.W. Scripps; Three classes of stock by the company.
- Will PC, TV or new gear bring multimedia home? Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;09/30/96, Vol. 3 Issue 19, p1
Reports that network operators are faced with an endless array of devices and applications, with the emerging multimedia market. Comments from Steve Craddock vice president of new media development at Comcast Corporation; Citing the business provided by @Home Networks; Cautions given to the...
- Comcast goes on-line via cable. // Telephony;12/19/94, Vol. 227 Issue 25, p18
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s introduction of Comcast PC Connect, an on-line access service to run over hybrid fiber/coax cable television networks. Testing; Scheduled commercial release.
- Comcast brings @Home to Baltimore. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;12/09/96, Vol. 126 Issue 51, p108
Reports on Comcast Corp.'s launching of a localized version of @Home cable online service in Baltimore and Howard County, Maryland. Availability of the service; Features of the subscriber system; Launching plans in other states.
- Comcast Network TV plans June start. Bridgeforth Jr., Arthur // Crain's Detroit Business;05/04/98, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p3
Announces the plans of Comcast Corporation for the launching of a television network in June 1998. Details on the network; Amount of money Comcast is investing in equipment for the network; What will be the name of the network; Comments from the general manager of the network, William Wischman Jr.