FCC Should Learn Its Limits
- THE FCC TACKLES NET NEUTRALITY: AGENCY JURISDICTION AND THE COMCAST ORDER. Brauer-Rieke, Aaron K. // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;2009 Annual Review, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p593
The article examines the authority of the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) in issuing the Comcast Order, and relates it with the debate on the extent of Internet Service Providers' (ISP) manipulation of consumers' access to the cyberspace in U.S. It looks into the different aspects of the...
- Broadband policy. Draughon, Richard Scott // Information Executive;Sep99, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p6
Comments on the policy conundrum in the Internet broadband debate in the United States. Federal Communications Commission broadband policy; Open access to cable networks for independent Internet service providers.
- Open access is open-ended. Hirschman, Carolyn // Telephony;08/07/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p84
Deals with the challenges faced by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in dealing with the open access of broadband telecommunication cable. Reasons many Internet service providers want a regulatory action on broadband cable; Factors contributing to the reluctance of the...
- The Open Internet and Title. ENGEBRETSON, JOAN // Rural Telecom;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p28
The article discusses the effect of the reclassification of broadband as title II telecommunications service and the network neutrality rules or open internet by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to small rural telecommunication service providers. Topics mentioned include the favor...
- Verizon, ISPs May Get Favorable Net Neutrality Ruling. REINHARDT KRAUSE // Investors Business Daily;12/24/2013, p00
A U.S. District Court is likely to scale back the Federal Communications Commission's authority to impose broadband Net neutrality regulations on Internet service providers, says Stifel Nicolaus in a research report.
- FCC Proposes Radical Changes to Broadband Internet Access Regulation. Kennedy, Charles H.; Tritt, Cheryl A. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2002 Q1, p1
The article considers the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's proposed changes to its regulation involving the legal environment of the Internet service provider industry and the competitive local exchange carrier industry. In its new rule-making proceedings, the commission requests comment...
- CALLING OUT THE FCC. Johnson, Ted // Daily Variety;1/21/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 15, p7
The article reports on the call by Verizon Communications Inc. on U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to provide Net neutrality regulations which will maintain the open access to the Internet.
- FCC: release of 1.1 million 'fast lane' comments will lead to 'more informed' debate. Hattem, Julian // Hill;8/6/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 90, p12
The article reports on the release of 1.1 million comments on a proposed Internet regulation received by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for public debate.
- Public Proposals Included in National Broadband Plan. // District Administration;May2010, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses the incorporation of recommendations into the National Broadband Plan issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding the use of broadband technology in schools.