Providers Say They're Ready for 3D. Are Viewers?
- 3DTV on Life Support. BUTTS, TOM // TV Technology;4/8/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p4
The article discusses the three-dimensional television (3DTV), which is the new edge in the television technology.
- Comcast Tees Up Switched Video. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/21/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p42
The article reports on the plans of cable operator Comcast Corp. to deploy switched digital video (SDV) later in 2011 in several cable systems, as well as expand into other markets in 2011 and 2012 by offering over 150 high definition (HD) channels and launching new services such as 3-D...
- Digital Three-Card Trick. Papandrea, Franco // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Mar2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p12
Criticizes the Australian government's policy toward digital television. Cost of a high-definition television and a stereoscopic television; Censorship of commercial television services in the country.
- Tech fight: 3D vs 4K TV. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Mar/Apr2013, p10
The article discusses the advantages and disadvantages of 3D compared to 4K television and 4K ultra high definition television.
- Study: 3DTV Owners Ecstatic About Home Entertainment Experience. Baysinger, Tim // Broadcasting & Cable;5/30/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 22, p14
The article offers information on the study "Three Dimensional Television (3DTV) Owners: A Closer Look at the World of Immersive Home Entertainment" which was commissioned by the Digital Entertainment Group (DEG), released on May 24, 2011 during a media summit in New York which reveals that...
- THE VERDICT. // B&T Magazine;5/28/2010, Vol. 60 Issue 2717, p42
The article presents the results of a survey on whether consumers will be buying a three-dimensional (3-D) television soon.
- 3D TV 'Refresh Cycle' Brings New Opportunities For High-Margin Sales. Davis, Jeff // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/21/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p22
The article discusses the opportunities offered by the expected purchasing trend among consumers to replace their television sets with three-dimension (3D)-capable ones.
- 'Eye to Eye' with Stereoscopic TV. // Image Technology;Nov/Dec1996, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p23
The article provides information related to the development of the stereoscopic television . The three-dimensional (3D) television was developed by John Logie Baird in 1928. Digital television technology introduced different kinds of techniques in creating 3D pictures. Advanced Communications...
- Samsung's Baxter Unveils 3D VOD Plans. Smith, Steve // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/6/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the plan of consumer electronics manufacturer Samsung to equip its three dimensional television (3DTV) with 3D video on demand capability. The company's Explore 3D application embedded on its 3D light emitting diode and 3D plasma televisions will become accessible to...