Pre/Post Training Programs
- Dealing With OSHA. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Apr2001, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p22
Explains how the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration addresses conventional safety issues on trenchless construction. Risk management for underground construction; Standards for horizontal directional drilling; Statistics on construction-related deaths.
- Newly Formed Trenchless Association Promotes Education, Standards. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Apr2004, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the formation of a new association the Northeast Trenchless Association for directional drilling contractors in New England. Membership of the association; Number of contractors joining the organization; Primary goals of the association.
- Rescuing Downhole. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2005, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p44
The article reports that one of the most frustrating problems a directional drilling crew can encounter is having a rig's drill string break or become stuck during drilling or pullback operations. Not only does work come to a halt, attempting to retrieve expensive drill pipe, downhole tools and...
- Embattled HDD Industry Sees Change As Necessary, Ultimately Beneficial. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Jun2002, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p30
Presents the results of a survey on the state of the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry in the U.S. as of 2002. Value and market share; Composition of the HDD fleet; List of primary HDD markets.
- Maintaining drill pipe for horizontal applications. Griffin, Jeff // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p40
Advises on maintaining drill pipe for horizontal applications. Types of pipe structure; Preventing drill pipe damage; Inspecting drill pipes.
- HDD Tools Make The Job. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2000, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p36
Discusses the importance of downhole tools in directional drilling installations. Advantages of downhole housings; Information on different downhole tools that can be used by horizontal directional drilling operators; Comments from several manufacturers on the challenges in bringing better...
- HDD Market Down But Not Out. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2002, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p34
Assesses the state of the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry in the U.S. as of 2002. Criticisms on the dependency on telecommunications industry; Impact of the telecommunications dependence on HDD product suppliers; Prospects for electric and gas distribution. INSET: Technological...
- Downhole tools can make or break a job. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Mar1997, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p35
States that downhole tools are responsible for the evolution of directional drilling's role in utility construction. How to have an effective horizontal directional drilling (HDD); Downhole tools selection for soil conditions and its significance; Needs for downhole DD tools; Advancement of...
- HDD Consortium Announces Completion of Good Practices Guidelines. // Underground Construction;Apr2001, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p14
States that the `Horizontal Directional Drilling Good Installation Practices Guidelines' manual developed by the Horizontal Directional Drilling Industry Consortium has been completed. Importance of the guidelines; Participants of the consortium; Objectives of the consortium.