All Work, No Play? No Way?
- Activities & Events. // Underground Construction;Dec2011, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p52
The article offers information related to Underground Construction Technology (UCT) in San Antonio, Texas. It mentions the Scholarship Golf Tournament by the Underground Construction Technology Association (UCTA) to be held at the Quarry Golf Club on January 23, 2012. It adds that Gopal K....
- CUIRE Provides Testing and Research Services on the Integrated Pipeline (IPL) Project. // Underground Construction;Oct2010, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p30
The article reports on the testing, evaluation and consulting services contract that was awarded to the Center for Underground Infrastructure Research and Education (CURIE) by the Tarrant Regional Water District (TRWD) in Texas for the Integrated Pipeline (IPL) Project.
- Tunnel Vision And Underground Sound. Clark, Mike // Live Design Exclusive Insight;2/18/2011, p1
The article offers information on the celebration for AlpTransit Gotthard AG's $10.1 billion base tunnel project which is covered by electronic media company SRG SSR in Switzerland. It mentions that the company laid more than 3.7 miles (6km) of fiber optic cable onsite and Swiss contractor Emme...
- UCTA Awards Scholarships. // Underground Construction;Oct2010, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the acknowledgement of the Underground Construction Technology Association (UCTA) of the recipients of its college scholarships worth 8,000 dollars at its monthly meeting in the U.S. on August 3, 2010 including Carmen Brown, Jennifer Seifert and Bobbie Salas.
- From the Director. // Underground Construction;Oct2010, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p26
The article offers information on the activities of the Center for Underground Infrastructure Research and Education (CUIRE) in the U.S. for October 2010 including research projects, educational activities and consulting activities for the Integrated Pipeline (IPL) Project.
- RETC is here again and it's time for exciting changes with UCA of SME. Petersen, Jeffrey // Mining Engineering;Jun2013, Vol. 65 Issue 6, Special section p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses a report on the history of tunneling and the introduction of new members for the Executive Committee for the Underground Construction Association for the Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration, Krishniah Murthy, Kellie Rotunno,...
- Shape Snack Awards. SCHWARTZ, MARNIE SOMAN // Shape;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p136
This article discusses the best snacks between meals that are nutritious, healthy and are under 200 calories and some of them are Rhythm Superfoods Asian Citrus Broccoli Bites, Biena Foods Habanero Chickpea Snacks and The New Primal Free-Range Turkey Jerk.
- Table Settings Top the New York Scene. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Oct2006, Vol. 107 Issue 10, p104
The article presents a calendar of events related to table setting which will be held October 28 to November 1, 2006 in New York. A "British Tea Time," beverages and snacks in Bridal Guide's Cafe will be held in 41 Madison Avenue. While, special events like: "Fornasetti-The Man and His Art,",...
- The Thoughtful Host's Guide to a Good Time. // Country Living;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p68
The article offers suggestions on hosting parties from stylist Halligan Smith. suggests one can offer the kind of food that guests really want to eat, while preserving the status of the special-occasion. Suggestions are offered to rent a crowd-pleasing snack machine. It is stated that ordinary...