Mega Brace Shoring Provides Unique Solution For Water Project
- New Irvington tunnel project achieves significant milestone. // Underground Construction;Aug2012, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on the progress of the New Irvington Tunnel project in California wherein the road header teams from the Irvington Portal and the Vargas Shaft have completed excavation.
- Longest tunnel in Czech Republic. // Coal International;May/Jun2013, Vol. 261 Issue 3, p31
The article offers information on the longest tunnel in Czech Republic which was created due to the unique mining excavation in the country and was carried out by miners almost 900meters (m) underground between the KarvinÃ¡ and Darkov mines.
- Excavation Complete On Manhattan Tunnel. Armistead, Thomas F. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/21/2006, Vol. 257 Issue 8, p12
This article reports on the completion of excavation below Manhattan's East Side, as part of the Third Water Tunnel project of New York City. The multibillion-dollar project is finally nearing operation. Across the East River, lining and disinfection are continuing in the Brooklyn-Queens portion...
- CORRELACIONES ENTRE LAS CLASIFICACIONES GEOMECÃNICAS Q Y RMR EN EL TUNEL EXPLORATORIO DE "LA LINEA", CORDILLERA CENTRAL DE COLOMBIA. DE JESÚS CASTRO CAICEDO, ÁLVARO; PÉREZ PÉREZ, DIANA MARCELA // BoletÃn de Ciencias de la Tierra;Dec2013, Vol. 34, p42
Correlations between the RMR and Q geomechanical classifications schemes obtained during underground geotechnical surveys at the 8.55 km length "La Linea Pilot Tunnel" (TPL) within the Central Andes of Colombia are presented. Correlations were defined based on geological and geotechnical...
- ?An Irregular and Inconvenient Pile of Buildings?: The Destitute Asylum of Adelaide, South Australia and the English Workhouse. Susan Piddock // International Journal of Historical Archaeology;Mar2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p73
The Destitute Asylum of Adelaide, South Australia, was the subject of a rescue excavation in 1983. This paper seeks to explore the possibilities for further archaeological research that can arise from a reconsideration of reports generated by such excavations. Using documents, plans,...
- Experimental and Numerical Studies on Rock Breaking with TBM Tools under High Stress Confinement. N. Innaurato; C. Oggeri; P. P. Oreste; R. Vinai // Rock Mechanics & Rock Engineering;Oct2007, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p429
Summaryï¿½ï¿½The understanding of rock breaking and chipping due to the TBM cutter disks mechanism in deep tunnels is considered in this paper. The interest stems from the use of TBMs for the excavation of long Trans-Alpine tunnels. Some tests that simulate the disk cutter action at the...
- Project Update. Burke, Jack // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Feb2010, p32
The article presents updates on tunneling projects in North America. In California, the final lining concrete operations of the Devil Slide Tunnel are now fully under way in the northbound and southbound tunnels as of December 2009. The 75-foot deep cassion was completed on the 39th Street...
- Pushing the limits. Williams, Lawrence // International Construction;Jun2007, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p43
The article discusses the development of tunneling technology in the U.S. While basic tunnel boring machine technology may not have actually made a great deal of progress over the past few years, the application of this technology, and the ancillary equipment involved, have definitely been...
- New Crystal Springs Bypass Tunnel Excavation. // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Jun2010, p12
The article reports on the success of the tunnel boring machine (TBM) for the New Crystal Springs Bypass Tunnel in the excavation of the North Shaft which was contracted by Shank/Balfour Beatty JV.