Evolving Thermal Grouts Aid Growth of Underground Power Transmission Lines
- STANDARDIZATION ACTIVITY IN THE FIELD OF AGRICULTURAL AND FORESTRY TRACTORS AND MACHINERY, IN THE CONTEXT OF EUROPEAN AND INTERNATIONAL STANDARDIZATION. NEDELCU, Daniela // Annals of the Faculty of Engineering Hunedoara - International J;Aug2015, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p243
Under the conditions the emergence of global markets, standards are absolutely essential for the survival and prosperity of organizations. In this context, the standardization activity of organization INMA Bucharest develops continuously in the Technical Committee CT 77 "Agricultural and...
- City undertakes 60-yr undergrounding project. Samanta, Benoy // Electrical World;Nov93, Vol. 207 Issue 11, p52
Reports on the undergrounding of electric distribution lines in Anaheim, California, to be undertaken at a cost of $400-$500 million. Completion schedule; Backbone distribution system; First phase of the undergrounding program; Minimizing impact from electromagnetic fields; Acceptance testing...
- Transmission cable pulled through solid rock. Irwin, Patricia // Electrical World;June97, Vol. 211 Issue 6, p35
Looks at the burial of a transmission cable in Allentown, Pennsylvania, by the Pennsylvania Power and Light Company. Unavailability of overhead space; Major electromagnetic field concerns; Use of steel pipe conduit; Cable pulled in one piece.
- Take the mystery out of cable fault locating. Koch, William // Electrical World;Oct97, Vol. 211 Issue 10, p55
Focuses on the locating faults of underground power lines. What are the numerous techniques of fault location available; Information on the Fast Fault Finder (FFF) device; Estimated selling price of the device.
- Locating that underground cable fault. Koep, Dennis // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Feb98, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p64N
Discusses various methods used in locating underground cable fault. Includes sectionalizing; Thumping; High-voltage radar methods; Time domain reflectometry; Voltage pulse reflection.
- Pilot underground service satisfies Idaho home builders. // Electric Light & Power;Feb1993, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the Idaho Public Service Commission's approval of pilot underground service program conceived by Idaho Power employees. Streamlining of underground service installation; Cost savings.
- City Elects To Move Electric Underground. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jun2003, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p40
Explores the role of horizontal directional drilling on the placement of underground electric lines in Edmond, Oklahoma. Replacement of aerial power lines with underground cables; Minimization of surface damage; Contractor for the project; Construction phases.
- Trenchless technology tunneling its way into utility construction operations. Kuehn, Steven E. // Electric Light & Power;Sep95, Vol. 73 Issue 9, p13
Reports on the growing use of trenchless underground line installation and maintenance methods among electric utility construction managers in the United States. Boring developments; Fluid-assisted boring; Illustrative examples.
- Utilities need to embrace latest diagnostic means to maintain... Olearczyk, Matthew // Electric Light & Power;Sep97, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p17
Provides advanced technologies bringing improvements in underground cable systems of electric utilities from Ongoing Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) research. Developing of enhanced cables; Cable testing and maintenance; Construction and repair equipment.