Swerdfeger wins State House election
- The elections explained. Bowman, James // New Criterion;Jan95, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p55
Comments on the 1994 gubernatorial elections in the United States. Background; Voters' mood; Voter immaturity; Voter viciousness; Voter stupidity ; Manipulation by American men; Confusion about the role of the media; Implications of the Republican's victory.
- Debate was minus one voice. Taylor, Humphrey // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/18/95, Vol. 16 Issue 40, p9B
Presents information on the first debate among three announced Republican candidates for governor in Indiana, Bob Garton, Rex Early and George Witwer. Brief history of candidates; Details of debate; Information on candidates performances at debate.
- Jockeying for a place under the big top. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/19/2003, Issue 323141, p28
Comments on the gubernatorial recall elections in California. Questions on the credibility of gubernatorial candidates; Context of the campaign finance analysis; Complications of media coverage.
- Turnout's key in handicapping primaries. Green, Paul M. // Crain's Chicago Business;03/16/98, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p10
Opinion. Discusses the March 17, 1998 gubernatorial and Senate primaries. Reference to the 1997 primaries; Indepth looks at the votes needed by each candidate.
- Governor bid by Hutchison appears increasingly likely. Raju, Manu // Hill;9/9/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 101, p4
The article reports on the possible candidacy of Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison for governor in Texas in 2010.
- Republicans are battling for governor election credit. Wilson, Reid // Hill;11/5/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 131, p6
The article reports on the battle for election credits between the Republicans who have won the gubernatorial race in Washington D.C.
- Now the real campaign begins. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;06/09/97, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p12
Editorial. Focuses on the gubernatorial election campaign in New Jersey which is scheduled for November 1997. Results of the gubernatorial primary; Reference to the importance of independent voters to the election; Information on the election campaign of Governor Whitman.
- The electorate sleeps. Scarry, Donald M. // Business News New Jersey;10/13/97, Vol. 10 Issue 35, p16
Opinion. Comments on the 1997 gubernatorial elections in New Jersey. Reference to resident's attitude toward these elections; Information on the 1993 gubernatorial elections in that state.
- The campaign's non-issue. // Business News New Jersey;10/20/97, Vol. 10 Issue 36, p14
Editorial. Looks at issues which the two candidates for the position of governor of New Jersey are focused on. How the campaigns should be focus on economic recovery; Details on the burden of spelling out an economic program falls on Democrat Jim McGreevey; Highlighting of issues which should...