VOD Ads Growing, But Barriers Remain
- You down with VOD? Yeah you know me! M. R. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on the implications of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) 130 standards for the telecommunication industry in the U.S. It mentions that through SCTE, video-on-demand (VOD) is poised to make money for cable operators through dynamic pre and post rolls as well...
- Honoring the Past, Looking Ahead. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;10/13/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 40, p28
An advertising supplement reviewing the Cable Center in Denver, Colorado is presented.
- Three Lessons TV Can Learn From Cable Pitches. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;5/13/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 1, p10
An excerpt is presented from an article on cable television advertising sales presentations by cable television industry firms posted in the publication's Website.
- How to Reel In VOD Viewers. // Multichannel News;10/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 38, p5
The article discusses the tactics used by cable operators in the U.S. to increase the pay portion of the video-on-demand (VOD) business such as sending fight fans on a free trip before a big bout and offering the first 10 minutes of a VOD movie.
- CABLE DOMINATES VOD STREAMS. Wallenstein, Andrew // Daily Variety;9/25/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 60, p2
The article reports on the domination of cable companies in video-on-demand (VOD) movie rental market.
- Revolt Helps Delay Nielsen Ad Ratings. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;11/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p41
The article reports on the postponement of releasing television commercial ratings by Nielsen Media Research in the U.S. As part of the revolt against cable industry, Nielsen has delayed to release average commercial minute ratings. Nielsen claimed on the need for additional discussion with...
- India TV networks raise rates by up to 30pc. Prasad, Gunjan // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;4/20/2007, p6
The article reports that Indian television broadcasters, including Star, Zee and Sony, are all set to raise advertising rates across the board by between 10 to 30 per cent. According to broadcasters, the move is justified on grounds of burgeoning cable and satellite viewership. According to...
- Upfront May Pump Up Volume. Lafayette, Jon // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p8
The article reports on the estimated increase in the portion of cable industry in the advertisement-sales auction by at least 15% in 2011, which will bring a total volume of 9.4 billion dollars on advertising commitments.
- Cable Upfront Tallies $8B. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p2
The article looks at the performance of the cable television industry in the United States in July 2008. Estimates for TV sales during the upfront market typically vary. The gross rating points (GRPs) were down in 2008 and advertisers need their GRPs in any economy. It mentions that advertisers...