NBC Wins Along With Blackhawks
- PEACOCK CAN BE PROUD OF ITS C3 PERFORMANCE, TOO. Lafayette, Jon // Broadcasting & Cable;5/26/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 20, p4
The article reports that National Broadcasting Co. is leading the broadcast networks besides winning bragging rights by finishing number one in demo ratings for the season for the first time in a decade.
- EARLY PUSH PERKING NBC. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;9/13/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 52, p1
The article reports on the early premieres of National Broadcasting Co. Inc. (NBC)'S several television programs in the second week of September 2012 which are expected to have good ratings including "The Voice," "Revolution," and "Go On."
- Outage unplugs 'Leno' makeover muscle. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/18/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 31/32, p8
Reports on the impact of the East Coast power blackout on the broadcasting operation of National Broadcasting Co. in New York City. Inability of Nielsen Media Research to procure the rating for the special edition of the program 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno'; Disorganization in the news...
- NHL Attains Goal. Pursell, Chris // Television Week;1/21/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that the National Hockey League (NHL) in the U.S. is regaining its popularity. The NHL scored its best regular-season ratings in more than a decade with the New Year's telecast by NBC of the "NHL Winter Classic." Game attendance continues to stay strong and merchandise sales...
- NBC reaps rewards of 'Must-See TV'. Freeman, Michael // Electronic Media;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p3
Reports on the ratings performance of United States-based television network National Broadcasting Co. Inc. as of November 13, 2000. Company's revamp of its television programming.
- NBC hangs tough on ratings. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;10/06/97, Vol. 127 Issue 41, p16
Reveals National Broadcasting Co. Inc.'s lack of plans to adopt the new content-based ratings system despite pressure from the White House and Congress. Absence of public interest on the issue; Maintenance of the use of the age-based ratings system; Actions of the government.
- Thanksgiving parade floats ratings for NBC. de Moraes, Lisa // Hollywood Reporter;12/4/95, Vol. 350 Issue 5, p16
Reports on the National Broadcasting Co. Inc.'s ratings for Thanksgiving week 1995. Rating of the coverage of the 1995 `Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade'; Rating for `The Tonight Show With Jay Leno'; Rating for `Late Night With Conan O'Brien'; Ratings of competitors.
- NBC claims sweeps win, a bit early. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;12/2/96, Vol. 15 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the early declaration by NBC that it was the winner of the November 1996 television ratings sweep. Statistical information on the networks ratings; Comments from NBC West Coast President Don Ohlmeyer; Factors influencing the drop in the networks collective ratings.
- NBC executives standing firm against labeling. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;07/28/97, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p36
Focuses on how executives and producers of NBC are against the content ratings issue. What NBC Entertainment President Warren Littlefield cautioned; NBC'S refusal to adopt the revised ratings system; Plans of NBC; Reasons why the original system is being replaced.