Charter Eyes More HD Via Moto SDV
- It's the Channels, Stupid. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);7/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p54
Focuses on the importance of television channels in selling digital television service. Information on Independent Film Channel's original programing for digital tier; Strategy of Charter Communications; Effect of programming on churn rate.
- Motorola Set-Top Box Is HD-Ready. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p52
Focuses on the readiness of the DCT-5100 set-top box of Motorola for high-definition television service (HDTV). Features of DCT-5100 set-top box; Information on the previous equipment used by operators in giving HDTV services; Cost efficiency of using the DCT set-top box.
- Charter chided In West Virginia. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p20
Reports that West Virginia's Public Service Commission has urged Charter Communications Inc. to work on problems that prompted the community of Lewisburg to file a complaint. Charter's decision to drop the American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) affiliate from Charleston, WCHS-TV; Order for Charter to...
- Cache Valley at risk of losing its television reception. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/17/99, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p11
Focuses on the legal dispute between Cache County, Utah and the owners of Mount Pisgah, where the county maintains a television relay station. County's failure to pay the monthly rent on the relay station; Threat of eviction facing the county's TV relay station; Ownership of parcels of Mount...
- GETTING DIGI WITH IT. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p1
Reports that Charter Communications Inc. had activated the first all-digital television network in the U.S. in Long Beach, California. Products of Harmonic Inc. used in the activation of the all-digital network; Description of the broadcasting system used in Long Beach; Equipment tested by...
- Charter goes its own way in St. Louis County. Corrigan, Don // St. Louis Journalism Review;Mar2000, Vol. 30 Issue 224, p8
Presents Charter Communications' stand on the battle over open access to cable in Saint Louis, Missouri. Charter's task of rewiring Saint Louis County via cable; Charter spokesman, Davis Niswonger's disclosure that the firm is depending on the decision on the issue of Saint Louis officials and...
- Largest Cable Systems. // Multichannel News;10/25/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 43, p38
Provides information on the cable systems across the U.S. owned by cable operator Charter. Number of subscribers; Top executives.
- Charter Order Puts Moxi Into Boxes. // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p83
Reports that Saint Louis, Illinois-based Charter Communications Inc. will be the first cable operator to use Moxi, multimedia digital gateway design created by sister company Digeo inc. and built by Motorola Inc. Collaboration of the company with HDTV to roll out the Moxi Media Center design;...
- NEWS...Briefs. // Television Week;9/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p3
Presents news briefs on television broadcasting in the U.S. as of September 20, 2004. Planned resignation of Margaret Bellville, executive vice president and chief operating officer at Charter Communications; Extension of the telecast rights of the Tennis Channel to the International Tennis...