FEMTOCELLS AND MOBILE DATA
- How Wi-Fi saved 3G from the i Phone. Tanner, John C. // Wireless Asia;May/Jun2009, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p6
The article presents an analysis concerning the aspect of iPhone as an element driving 3G operator interest in interacting with Wi-Fi network. It stresses the network capability of Wi-Fi to transform into the equivalent of public femtocells. It says that the costs of Wi-Fi hot spots were offset...
- Femtocell Market is Expected to Reach $3.7 Billion, Globally, by 2020. // Sensors;4/25/2014, p12
The article reports according to a report by firm Allied Market Research related to Femtocell Market on the growth of global femtocell market by 2020 and informs about the technological advancements and reduction in cost of femtocell devices as the two major factors driving the femtocell market.
- Digisol DG-WM2003SI. // PC Quest;Dec2015, p71
The article evaluates the Digisol DG-WM2003SI wireless access point.
- AT&T COMPLETES UNICEL WIRELESS INTEGRATION IN N.Y. STATE. // Networks Update;Aug2009, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p6
This article reports on the move of AT&T to integrate all cell sites in the Unicel network it acquired in New York. The move is part of the commitment of AT&T to provide a smooth transition for former Unicel customers in the state. The company has doubled its local customer sales support team in...
- AT&T ANSWERS NEED FOR SPEED IN NEW JERSEY. // Modem Users News;Aug2008, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p5
The article provides information on phone company AT&T's plans to expand 3G coverage in New Jersey. According to the article, the coverage will allow customers to browse the Internet on their cell phones at speeds similar to DSL. The service will also allow those with compatible phones to view...
- Adding Mini Cell Towers. Van Zuiden, Gordon // Residential Systems;Mar2011, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p38
The article offers brief information on Verizon Communication Inc.'s Femtocell and AT&T's 3G MicroCell mini cell towers.
- IS AT&T'S 3G SERVICE GETTING BETTER? Newman, Jared // Macworld;Nov2009, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p29
The article reports that AT&T has started rolling out service in the 850 megahertz-spectrum third generation (3G) band on its nationwide cellular network in the U.S. The rollout started from Atlanta and is expected to expand to the 350 other markets where AT&T is providing 3G coverage in the...
- ROTARY CLUB. GULLEY, PHILIP // Indianapolis Monthly;Oct2014, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p48
The article offers author's insights regarding the presence of cell phone over telephone. Topics discussed include the cell phone-induced tumorous blob the author had, it was a cancerous spot which according to the doctor, it was caused by sun damage, the installation of phone by AT&T and...
- I'm a Mac. And I'm un-PC. Gilson, Dave // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p51
The article presents an image of the Apple iPhone and points out a number of social defects contained in the cellular telephone. Among a several issues the article notes the exploitation of workers by several of Apple's subcontractors, environmental degradation done to make the telephone, and...