Survey: 22% Cut Back on Cable to Save Cash
- Cisco: Market for hybrid service offerings promising. // CED;Feb2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that a market study was commissioned by Cisco Systems Inc. to have more knowledge about the potential for increased diversity in pay-television (TV) customers wants and needs in the U.S.
- THE DEMOS. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/24/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 4, p25
Presents the demographic profile of residents and cable subscribers in Columbus, Ohio. Percentage of the population who are in the 18-34 age bracket; Number of cable subscribers who have digital cable and cable modems; Popular activities among the residents.
- Marcel Fenez on Media ... Consumers are still willing subscribers. // Campaign Asia-Pacific;Nov2013, p25
The article discusses a survey of U.S. consumers conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers to their attitudes towards the emerging video subscription services in the U.S. Majority of respondents still consider traditional subscription packages valuable. Respondents provided the three reasons for...
- STUDY: 20% OF BROADBAND HOMES WANT TV EVERYWHERE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;9/26/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p8
The article focuses on a study by Parks Associates which found that 15-20% of broadband households will pay additional fees to obtain TV Everywhere services.
- Average Pay TV Bill Is Up 3% to $73.35 Monthly: Leichtman. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/27/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p30
The article reports on the consumer survey by Leichtman Research Group Inc. (LRG), which shows that the mean average pay of multichannel video subscribers in the U.S. is up 3% to 73.35 dollars per month.
- Cord-Cutting Risk Seen as Low in CEA Survey. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/6/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 23, p8
The article offers information on the phone survey conducted by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) in December 2010 which reveals that 10% of pay television (TV) households are planning to cancel their cable subscription.
- An 'F' for Effort. AULT, SUSANNE // Variety;6/2/2015, Vol. 328 Issue 4, p27
The article presents an overview of the result of the 2015 Temkin survey of U.S. consumers on their view on customer service at Internet and television service providers.
- Obtaining Household Opinions from a Single Respondent. Star, Shirley A. // Public Opinion Quarterly;Fall53, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p386
In a survey of Chicago, Illinois, based on an area sample, the problem was one of ascertaining entire household's preferences in the recreational field, with the primary objective of predicting how the household, as a unit, would respond to subscription programs on television, if these were...
- CABLE'S UPS AND DOWNS. Wilson, Carol // Telephony;3/14/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 5, p32
The article reports that in their sixth annual survey of the cable television industry, cable industry analysts Mike Paxton and Gerry Kaufhold found that while the number of cable subscribers is declining, the average revenue per user (ARPU) is increasing as companies roll out new services. Key...