Malone, Dolan Bid on Bresnan Systems
- Malone Exit May Signal Interest. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;6/13/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p13
Reports on the resignation of Liberty Media chairman John Malone as director of Cablevision Systems following the company's failed satellite television venture Voom. Reason behind Malone's resignation; Potential effects of the resignation on the future of Cablevision according to cable...
- LIBERTY CHAIR MALONE QUITS CABLEVISION POST. // Daily Variety;6/9/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 49, p4
The article reports that John Malone, chairman of Liberty Media Corp., has resigned from the board of Cablevision Systems Corp. to avoid conflicts that might arise because both companies own TV programming assets. Malone, who joined the board while Cablevision chairman Charles Dolan battled to...
- Dolan: Ignore 'Speculation' Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;6/13/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p43
Presents an update on the speculation that there is a link between the resignation of John Malone, member of the board of directors at Cablevision, from the company and the plan of the company to sell its programming assets in 2005. Effect of the resignation of Malone on the price of the stocks...
- GAME OF HOMES. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;7/15/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 28, p12
The article offers information on six executives including John Malone at Liberty Media Corp., James Dolan at Cablevision Systems Corp. and Glenn Britt at Time Warner Cable Inc. It informs that Malone has helped in developing modern cable programming and investment in the company Charter...
- Under Malone, liberty not just for cable. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;06/21/99, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p21
Reports on Liberty Media Corp. head John Malone's efforts to expand the firm's telecommunications market in the United States. Deals signed by Malone defining Liberty's operations beyond cable; Liberty's acquisition of Associated Group as part of its expansion into the wireless industry;...
- IT'S KICKING ASSETS AND TAKING GAINS. Littleton, Cynthia; Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;12/17/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 53, p12
An excerpt from the December 13-19, 2010 edition of "Variety" is presented.
- John Malone News: He Backs Journalism In Cause of Liberty. // Multichannel News;4/23/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p4
The article offers the insights of John Malone, chairman of Liberty Media Corp., regarding the interest of the company in journalism.
- Deals see exex cash in. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;12/28/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 57, p1
The article reports on the new employment contracts of the top executives at Liberty Media Corp. and Cablevision Systems Corp. in the U.S. Greg Maffei will remain as chief executive officer (CEO) of Liberty until 2015, while Chris Albrecht was appointed as president and CEO of Starz group....
- James Dolan rises through the ranks. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/26/96 Supplement CEO Yearbook, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p10
Profiles James Dolan, chief executive officer of the Cablevision Systems Corp. Academic background; Career history; Dolan's responsibility for all Cablevision's business units; Dolan's business ethics.